California gets rude awakening

Thread: California gets rude awakening

California gets rude awakening

To any SOH members who awoke to the quake this morning . Anyone in or near danger area , I hope all and your families are safe . Structures can be replaced , lives can't .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Local damage only so far. Two major injuries so far with hospitals busy treating minor problems. We live 200 miles north of Napa and hardly felt the quake. Thanks for the concern Crusader.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

i didnt feel a thing just 90 miles east,people from my area are saying they all felt it..but i think its mostly emotion talking...the Sacramento valley is soft soil and absorbs it,and this area is on hard solid rock..lava cap..

my cousin Jennys house in Sonoma is a wreck..lots of heavy damage.

Now they say there are fires, major damage and dozens in the hospital. Pictures on the Internet show severe damage for some.

yeah..was more wide spread than first reported...like any thing like this..once the news trickles out,you find more and more issues/problems,Jennys daughters house is a huge mess to..i understand a fireplace colapsed and took the entire side of the home off,leaving the roof dangling..

I was there, here in Napa, got a very rude awakening this morning about 3:20. WOke me out of a sleep, shook like hell, lots of banging from transformers blowing, large objects falling. I was able to make it safely out of the house with my 92yr old grandmother whom I take care of. We are both fine. I was able to manually open the garage and moved the car out, in case we had to leave. We ended up just camping in the car for a few hours until it got light. The house is fine structurally, tho lots of broken glass, pictures, books...etc on the ground. Spent most of the day cleaning. Power was out for about 12-13hrs. I had the generator and extra gas ready to go if needed. The biggest (heaviest) was an old tube TV that I had on a dresser which I never used anyway. We have a tool shop behind the house, I will tackle that tomorrow lol, but all the messes are cleaned, and heavy objects secured. We got off relatively lucky, as our neighbors have a brick patio around a pool that failed. Other parts of town really got it, especially the old down town area.

Tonight and the next few nights we will be on alert for aftershocks, but the worst should be over.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dang TJ! A little too much excitement there! Stay safe!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Didn't feel a thing in the real North Cal.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

We felt the rolling jolt 100 miles southeast of Napa. Although the news has been focused on the town of Napa, hundreds of small wineries have been damaged in outlaying areas. Quite a loss to some.

"And the Beat Goes On" The historical town of Weaverville is threatened by a wildfire that has cause evacuations and burned several buildings. Last evening while the fire was only 200 acres, many fire fighting aircraft flew over my home on the way to the blaze. Northern California is hot and dry. The firefighting aircraft are based at KRDD and the CalFire facility located at the north end of the runway. Good luck to those going in harms way.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Didn't feel a thing in the real North Cal.
    Now lissin son,i may be in the gold country,but WERE in NorCal...YOU sir are in Jefferson!!.......

it is odd how it seemed to shake up Napa,to the north,yet the "did you feel it" page was spread out to the east..

Members who have read this thread: 2