Just Flight DC-8 50-70 series released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight DC-8 50-70 series released!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

What a beauty...luckily I am old enough to have whitnessed her gracing the skies...

Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Such a pretty face...

Godspeed, Bernd

Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Blog Entries
    Hooray - the 50 series - my favourite '8 ever.

A good day indeed, as I know there are fans of the CFM -70. I think the latter's hideous, but, hey - to each their own, and kudos to JF for rounding out the family so nicely. The '8 is a pretty varied set of aircraft subtypes, so good on them for covering the majority of the versions. Just because I'll only fly the one I like doesn't diminish my respect for them doing them all, because I'm sure others will really dig those others, and therein lies the beauty of this sim - variety.

Will pick up when I'm back in town ....

dl

Quote Originally Posted by bully707 View Post
    What a beauty...luckily I am old enough to have whitnessed her gracing the skies...
    I'm younger but I've watched UPS DC8's fly out of MSP from post road, oh the days!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

EC-24...

Godspeed, Bernd

Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Nice! I'm just coming back from a hiatus with simming and I might need to get this one as it should work fine with P3D2 too (at least the earlier version from JF does).

That smoke coming from the engines is awesome, definitely looks that some kerosene is really burning inside! It's something you don't much see with modern jets. Too clean

no new UPS??? bummer...the EC-24 was one I hoped for so I will be getting this one as Special ops isn't done often enough.

edit: Purchased about to fly..thanks to my points it only cost me 16.74! sweet!

Off to collect mine right now!

I could care less for the recycled military projects, a classic Aluminum Tube excites me.
    And I recall being stuck almost at the rear end of a 63 in turbulent weather, now THAT was exciting!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

ok well.....very nice plane...a bit heavy on frame for me but very nice. the one plane I was hoping for the EC-24 is outstanding except for one ting....its not painted correctly. the whole upper fuse and tail should be white, not overall gull gray. Other than that....beautiful. Hopefully we can get a minor paint fox for that. If this is painted correctly it might be that the shine of the model is a bit highly and it is causing the reflection to blend the colors??

and the real one.....

Glad you guys like it. I've had the fortune to be one of the team members bringing this to you. It's been a difficult birth to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Glad you guys like it. I've had the fortune to be one of the team members bringing this to you. It's been a difficult birth to say the least.

Thanks John!

How does the systems/functionality compare with the latest/updated version of the 10-40 set?

dl

Hello Folks,
    Nice screenies.
    Thanks to J.F for the entire DC-8 Familly.

Back to the end of the 80's.
    Cheers.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Looks white to me. From the JF web page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dc8-jetliner-series-50-to-70_23_ss_l_140805145804[1].jpg  

It is Gull Grey and White.
    Attachment 11678

Attachment 11679

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    It is Gull Grey and White.
    Attachment 11678

Attachment 11679

How did you get the shiny glare off the plane? I have tried in numerous lighting and can't get this look.

Ok...one other question...is there a texture configuration tool? I notice in the aircraft file there are different res texture files and also aircraft.cfg files.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Ok...one other question...is there a texture configuration tool? I notice in the aircraft file there are different res texture files and also aircraft.cfg files.
    Yes, there is a configuration tool for textures.
    if you bought the earlier model you qualify for £5.00 discount on top of any reward points you have accumulated.

ok...I didn't buy the earlier models but I did buy this one. Is the tool free? How do I get the tool?

Edit on previous post:
    Discount is only available until 1st Sept to those who bought previous model from justflight.

How's the Autopilot on this version? I bought the previous version not long ago and the A/P was significantly unstable & unpredictable(I ended up adding another 2D A/P to fix it) and I'm just wondering if there was an improvement in this version? Looking at the new versions, it seems there are both a basic digital A/P on the brow as well as an FMC. Any feedback will be appreciated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    ok...I didn't buy the earlier models but I did buy this one. Is the tool free? How do I get the tool?
    Should be available after install from start program/justflight etc

I could care less for the recycled military projects, a classic Aluminum Tube excites me.
    And I recall being stuck almost at the rear end of a 63 in turbulent weather, now THAT was exciting!

I used to send new First Officers in the back during ferry flights when we were empty to show them how much the fuselage flexed in turbulence. You should really see how the inboard pylons move when using reverse thrust in flight. Especially the 70 series

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Maybe we were on the same one...united from sea to JFK on the heels of a hurricane. Only time I ever felt airsickness!

Thanks for the histories of the various airframes in the aircraft cfg. Some very long service lives for some of these planes with many many operators.

cheers,
    steve

Members who have read this thread: 5