A2a p-47d......

Thread: A2a p-47d......

A2a p-47d......

Does the bubbletop work in FSX? Are there fixes for it? I absolutely miss the bubbletop D model. I wish one would be done. Seems WW2 planes other than Warbirdsim are the out thing right now.

P-47d

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Does the bubbletop work in FSX? Are there fixes for it? I absolutely miss the bubbletop D model. I wish one would be done. Seems WW2 planes other than Warbirdsim are the out thing right now.
    Good question skyhawk. I asked the same thing either on this site or possibly A2A. The response I got was that the A2A P-47 was designed for FS9 only and they never made the patch for it for FSX. I have all the A2A aircraft except for the "Bubble" P-47. I wish I could add it to my hangar in FSX, I would love to fly her. Maybe some day aye!?!?!?
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

It will work but with the usual prop and glass issues. I installed it into FS9 and manually brought it over since it wouldn't install into FSX. The only issue was the interior textures were installed into the main FS9 texture folder had to locate them then move them into FSX.

Couple of shots in FSX to show the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    It will work but with the usual prop and glass issues. I installed it into FS9 and manually brought it over since it wouldn't install into FSX. The only issue was the interior textures were installed into the main FS9 texture folder had to locate them then move them into FSX.
    As gradyhappyg says - works fine aside from the usual issues, and grabbing the vc textures from the main FX texture folder. Added to which there's the excellent paint kit from John (Bomber_12th) Terrell available. Don't know if anyone's done any fixes - I've tried without much success.

Here's Republic P-47-N-2-RE 44-88020, 'Red-E-Ruth', 19th FS, 318th FG, le Shima 1945, flown by Lt. Leon Cox.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-47N-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	11662

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

This is being developed for DCS and has had my interest peaked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    This is being developed for DCS and has had my interest peaked!

I have been considering buying a new PC and just using it for DCS. They are also developing a FW190D9 for it. Dog fights with this detail would be awesome! But its be even better having one for FSX.

Members who have read this thread: 2