Anyone else got this problem?

Thread: Anyone else got this problem?

Anyone else got this problem?

Cats who like to chew on joystick cables? Anybody got a suggestion on how to make the cables unpalatable to them?

And no, getting rid of the cat isn't an option, nor is anything particularly nasty or noxious. The cat isn't mine and I happen to like it anyways. I've gone through two LogiTech sticks in four years already. I catch her almost daily chewing on the wire and I just want to stop her from doing it...

N.

Uhm, we have a cat and we sprayed our cables with "No Chew"
    Its some goofy spray they sell at most major pet oriented retailers that makes everything taste bitter to them (and you((dear god don't let it touch your hands)))

Never had that issue with my 3 Siamese Cats that live mostly in my Office/PC room but I know different cats and dogs can have destructive habits like this. I would see if there is a way to isolate your cables within some type of conduit type wrap (like Spiral Wrap) in the spots of the cables that are most exposed. I would do it to all the exposed cables and power supply cables as if the cat bites a hot wire, not only will it kill the cat but it might trigger a fire. There may be other things you can do on top of wire wrapping which can reduce the cat's access to the wiring.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my dog was chewing on a lamp cord, I cut a fresh jalapeno pepper in half and rubbed just a little of the juice on the cord. The fresh pepper was mild enough that it didn't hurt the dog, but the little bit of burning sensation on her tongue was enough to teach her to never chew on cords again.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Cats who like to chew on joystick cables? Anybody got a suggestion on how to make the cables unpalatable to them?
    Guard dog. To keep the dog away from the cable, see Killbilly's post.

I have heard Apple Cider Vinegar can be a deterrent.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0