Been OUT of the HOUSE for awhile...

Thread: Been OUT of the HOUSE for awhile...

Been OUT of the HOUSE for awhile...

I have been gone from the Outhouse for awhile unfortunately. Simply put, life has taken over my life for most of the summer... Kids are growing, jobs are piling up, and sim time has taken a nose dive into negative numbers...

Among all that, I have befriended a great bunch of folks from my home state of Ohio. These guys began a YouTube series in the garage and have grown into an incredible community based organization focused on getting a younger generation into the hobby of RC Flying...

If you haven't already, please check out the folks at www.flitetest.com and their YouTube show. It is pretty amazing what can evolve out of a simple YouTube experiment out of the basement. I have also got to share my experiences with the Liberty Foundation with them.... They also have a weekly podcast show for those of you who enjoy podcasts on long drives, (or if you're like me, during house cleaning!). I was fortunate enough to get to record a podcast last month, and filmed an episode with them on the B-17 last week... Episode is due out next month & the podcast is out now...Please check it out, as well as the rest of the content they offer... pretty neat stuff!!

http://flitetest.com/articles/036-ft...n-w-adam-drain
    -Witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Life has a way of doing that sometimes.

Took a look at the site...WOW! Looks like a lot to do so I'll take my time going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOJackson View Post
    Life has a way of doing that sometimes.

Took a look at the site...WOW! Looks like a lot to do so I'll take my time going through it.

Yeah, I failed to mention their biggest contribution to the RC Hobby...They show you how to build a multitude of airplanes out of a sheet of foam board you can get from the Dollar Tree.... So you can have a whole airframe for $2!!! Crash it, you're out $2!! Now, you can buy these as a kit from their site, or they offer the plans for free to download and you can cut them out yourself. The power systems are designed around a "pod" so that you can take that pod and put it into another airframe.... so you do not need more than one motor, esc, or battery...

-witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

The hobby has progressed so much in the last decade it is unbelievable; particularly in the power plant and control side of things.

It is enticing but the problem around here is a regular prevailing wind issue.

Members who have read this thread: 2