Weapon or Tacpack?

Thread: Weapon or Tacpack?

Weapon or Tacpack?

Hi all, has anyone gotten Tacpac or Weapon to work well with the AF Corsair or Vertigo Hellcat?Is either of these worth the investment for use in the great WWII sceneries like the Solomons or Truk?
    Thanks
    Stan

cs weapon is easy to add for any plane, Tacpac is for FSX gurus

CSweapon + JIMIs FSXBA Hornet:

Quote Originally Posted by dc10boy View Post
    Hi all, has anyone gotten Tacpac or Weapon to work well with the AF Corsair or Vertigo Hellcat?Is either of these worth the investment for use in the great WWII sceneries like the Solomons or Truk?
    Thanks
    Stan
    You have no choice: if you want to add weapons to an aircraft by yourself, you can only use CS Weapons.
    TacPack is much more complete and realistic, however the TacPack features can only be added to a plane by the plane creator itself. The features are defined in the 3D model.

Thanks guys, I'm off to buy weapon.It's time to tear up the Solomons with a Corsair!
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    You have no choice: if you want to add weapons to an aircraft by yourself, you can only use CS Weapons.
    TacPack is much more complete and realistic, however the TacPack features can only be added to a plane by the plane creator itself. The features are defined in the 3D model.
    Not strictly true. You can add weapons in much the same way as CS Weapons. Having external stores sync with weapon firing requires developer integration, but simple stuff like guns can be done by anyone. I've added working guns and firing missiles to the JF Lightning for example.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Dave,<o></o>
    I Googled but could not find a tutorial for adding guns. Is there a tutorial available anywhere? Or are you so knowledgeable with TacPac that you do not need a tutorial?

All the information is in the SDK, which is available to anyone. There's a section on adding guns to the default Cessna 172.
    http://forums.vrsimulations.com/supp...adly_Cessna.29

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Dave!

Good to know. I though the weapons had to correspond to some specially tagged 3D part in the model...
    Thanks for that information.

I know I've asked before Dave, but the SDK tutorial is lousy for adding missiles and dumb bombs. Can you add to it to fill in the gaps?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I know I've asked before Dave, but the SDK tutorial is lousy for adding missiles and dumb bombs. Can you add to it to fill in the gaps?

-Jeff
    Agree, but I think there are a few guys looking at doing it. I've looked over the C-172 tutorial, might take a few but I'm sure one would get the hang of it. There are slew of models (rotary gunship type) I fill need to be "Tacpack-d" with basics. Adding basic forms of the target pods/radar would be ideal, I've got an iPhone game that has a working AH-64 TADS turret!

On that note, I own CS Weps as well and have a few profiles provided from Hanimichal as CS Weps is easy to integrate into your FSX models. If you go that route, get on the CS forums to get other profiles and weapons, I know one member was working on the AC-130 but not sure if it ever got to firing correctly. Big drawback from me was the unfixed "bomb" system in CS Weps and inability to fire guided A2G missiles at non-simobjects.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I added guns and rockets to the RF Hellcat without issues and it is a blast.However, when I add weapon to the AF Corsair I lose the manifold press and R.P.M indications as well as the gunsight.Has anybody successfully found a workaround to this?
    Stan

Members who have read this thread: 0