Grumman Hellcat

Thread: Grumman Hellcat

Grumman Hellcat

Which is the best version compatible with P3d including pay-ware?

I believe there's only one FSX-native Hellcat available, and it's the payware from Vertigo Studios.
    The external model is quite nice, so is the VC.
    Of course it suffers greatly from the comparison with the Accusim warbirds, but it's nice anyways.

There might be some freeware models too, but they will be in FS9 format, which means the virtual cockpit will be useless in P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I believe there's only one FSX-native Hellcat available, and it's the payware from Vertigo Studios.
    The external model is quite nice, so is the VC.
    Of course it suffers greatly from the comparison with the Accusim warbirds, but it's nice anyways.

There might be some freeware models too, but they will be in FS9 format, which means the virtual cockpit will be useless in P3D.
    Thanks for the feed back.
    Mike

Thanks for the input I've purchased the VS version and apart from adding Launch Assistance to the cfg it looks ok in P3D.
    What about a F4U Corsair, what's the choice?
    Mike

The situation is the same if I'm not mistaken. The only FSX-native one I know about is the Aircraft Factory (A2A) one. Sadly, even though it's from A2A, it doesn't have any Accusim extension :/
    There are a few freeware Corsairs, but all in FS9 or CFS2 format, so in P3D the cockpit won't be clickable, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The situation is the same if I'm not mistaken. The only FSX-native one I know about is the Aircraft Factory (A2A) one. Sadly, even though it's from A2A, it doesn't have any Accusim extension :/
    There are a few freeware Corsairs, but all in FS9 or CFS2 format, so in P3D the cockpit won't be clickable, as usual.
    Thanks again for the info I'll have a look at the A2A one.
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 1