F-100d

Thread: F-100d

F-100d

Hi,

These are the final WIP's for the F-100D external paint.

The model is now going off to the code team who will start making this one happen!

Thank you for looking!

Kat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F100D_ext_08.jpg   F100D_ext_07.jpg   F100D_ext_06.jpg   F100D_ext_05.jpg   F100D_ext_04.jpg   F100D_ext_03.jpg  

F100D_ext_02.jpg   F100D_ext_01.jpg   F100D_ext_16.jpg   F100D_ext_15.jpg   F100D_ext_14.jpg   F100D_ext_13.jpg  

Wow! What a blast!

Absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to this beauty.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

second set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F100D_ext_18.jpg   F100D_ext_19.jpg   F100D_ext_20.jpg   F100D_ext_17.jpg   F100D_ext_16.jpg   F100D_ext_15.jpg  

F100D_ext_14.jpg   F100D_ext_13.jpg  

Another release (Which I know has quite a lot of work ahead) that I am definitely looking forward to as well. Thanks for the previews.

Blog Entries
    OH...GREAT, Now I have to build a another Hanger...
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

The images are beautiful. I keep looking at them and just know there is something wrong. Yep I counted all the rivets and you are one short! There is a hole on the fuselage and no rivet! Upps, my mistake there was a tiny bug on my screen, looks like another winner. Best of luck
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Stunning...simply stunning!
    Looking forward to its release...and by the way...count me in!
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Voiceless
    Preparing new sceneries for this beauty
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Beautiful Workmanship as always Milviz.

Matt

Looking fantastic! (Flying with the canopy open and pitot boom folded looks like the sort of flight I make sometimes!)

That's another one I have been looking forward to for a long time! Looking good!

Owen

Cant help coming back for another look...

I saw one of these at a museum recently and I was surprised by how big it was. Impressive looking aeroplane
    and the Milviz model...well...outstanding

Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    A sure buy for me. But I would like a few factory-fresh skins. The weathering looks very realistic, but for me it is s bit overdone here and there. That is of course a matter of personal taste.
    Is the refuelling boom standard or can it be removed?

Shouldn't all those dome-headed rivets be flush rivets ?

The F-100 was the first "Fighter" I worked on after coming out of Tech School at Chanute. 2 years in Tripoli, Libya at Wheelus AFB. I don't know when they went to flush set screws for the skin. . .normally I would say on an airplane of that era/type, dome rivets/screws would not have been the norm. . .however that was 52 years ago and there aren't enough of those brain cells left, lol. I'm sure there are "Walkarounds" of the F-100 that would plainly show what was what though. A beautiful airplane (to me anyway) and MilViz has captured the memories. Thanks guys!!

Looking good!

I'm no aviation rivet expert, but I believe even the fighters in ww2 started to use flush rivets (as the P-51). So I would assume the hi speed F-100 definitely used it and not dome rivets.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

The rivets will be flush. (Or at least, more so than they are now). These shots are taken in Max and are not representative of the final in FSX/P3D.

As a young child growing up just under 5 miles from Barksdale AFB's flight line, I will always remember how beautiful the Thunderbird paint scheme was on the F-100. It was bright, colorful, and
    looked fast as the formation/solo planes would go thru their show routine. It just stood out brightly against the blue Louisiana skies. Good days indeed and I look forward to bringing this one into
    the hangar!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 3