No contrails/cockpit damage effects

Thread: No contrails/cockpit damage effects

No contrails/cockpit damage effects

Hi all,

I downloaded the cockpit damage effects and installed them accordingly, but for some reason, they're not showing up in game.

Same with the bomber contrail effects. They're not showing up in game

Also, I downloaded Firepower from A2A and I was wondering if the aircraft in Firepower are compatible with ETO 1.40?

Thanks,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Blog Entries
    Do you have you effects slider on 5 Chris?

There is a Firepower/ETO install pack on Aussiex.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Yes, I have all my sliders set to five.

But, I wonder if I'm missing something still?

Chris

Blog Entries
    I had to refresh my memory with the effects pack Chris, this was designed for modellers - the effects emitters need to be added into the gmax model. They won't work otherwise I'm afraid

As for the contrails, they should work on any a/c with suitably modified xdp. Check that you have pasted the effects lines into your effects.xml file BEFORE it says </Effects> at the end. Contrails should already be in the ETO effects.

Hi Clive,

Unfortunately, many of my ETO planes don't have the contrail effects in the .XDP files and I can't seem to find any contrail effects.

I did, however, find the contrail effects in Effects.XML file.

Could you send me some lines to put in my .XDP files?

Thanks,

Chris

Blog Entries
    There are 3 a/c in the ETO install, contrail_ab, _af and _b17. They all have these lines pasted into the effects section of their xdp file:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng1_exh_r" />

In the effects .xml file this is the entry:

<high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="35" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="12" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="1.4" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".40" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="40" FadeInTime=".25" FadeOutTime="10" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1.5" InitialAlpha="0.3" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha=".50" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" FinalColor="255 255 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="cloudpuff_4.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    <fx_high_contrail ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="high_contrail_1" Effect1="high_contrail_2" Effect2=""/>

I've highlighted the .dds textures that are required to make them work which should be in your \effects\fxtextures folder.

Cheers,

Clive

Thanks, Clive!

Got them working and now it's just a matter of setting up the minimum and maximum velocities for the effects to appear.

I'll do some research and some tweaking around and hopefully will have some ideas to share with everyone on how to make contrails appear at 15000 feet plus.

Will the contrails_ab work for Axis forces bombers as well?

Thanks again!

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0