ModelConverterX Question

Thread: ModelConverterX Question

Icon5 ModelConverterX Question

I read here that ModelConverterX can convert CFS2 aircraft to FS9 scenery objects. I found and downloaded ModelConverterX, but instead of an actual manual, the download provides a link to an on-line manual. Alas, the link is no good.

Does anyone have either a live link to the manual, or a copy of the manual saved in some format that they could share?

Found the documentation here.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Found the documentation here.

Dave
    Thank you, sir !

Wow, there's a lot to learn there !

This has turned out to be one of the most useful utilities around; Arno just keeps making it better and better.

Best, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    This has turned out to be one of the most useful utilities around; Arno just keeps making it better and better.

Best, Paul
    Hey Paul,

It certainly looks promising! My project to rebuild Golden Wings and "FS1954" continues slowly but steadily. My original set-ups had so much AI that the sim would sometimes choke on it, so this time around I'm using a lot of static aircraft models, with just enough AI moving around to make my airports look like airports instead of museums.

But with the kinds of airplanes I populate my sims with, my airports look a lot like museums anyway.

Maybe when (if?) I get finished I might just set up a third sim, FS Jet Age, set around 1960, to fly ultra-modern types like the Century Series fighters in. Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hey Paul,

It certainly looks promising! My project to rebuild Golden Wings and "FS1954" continues slowly but steadily. My original set-ups had so much AI that the sim would sometimes choke on it, so this time around I'm using a lot of static aircraft models, with just enough AI moving around to make my airports look like airports instead of museums.

But with the kinds of airplanes I populate my sims with, my airports look a lot like museums anyway.

Maybe when (if?) I get finished I might just set up a third sim, FS Jet Age, set around 1960, to fly ultra-modern types like the Century Series fighters in. Maybe...

Assuming you know about California Classics global 1957/1959/1962 AI sets, yes?

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hey Paul,

Very interesting and worthwhile projects, Mick.
    Love the idea of '60s FS Jet Age too - would that be mainly military?
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Assuming you know about California Classics global 1957/1959/1962 AI sets, yes?
    Oh yes! For FS1954 (A Half-Century of Flight) I started with the Cal Classics 1957 AI scheme and backdated it to the early fifties by replacing the turboprops with DC-3 and DC-4 variants. If I do a jet age sim I'll use their 1962 scheme with the early jetliners.

I may also use Cal Classics' MATS AI scheme, though it hadn't been developed yet when I set up FS54 on my previous confuter. Of course, for other military traffic I'm on my own, since MIAW caters to the more modern era, so their planes don't fit into my sims.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Very interesting and worthwhile projects, Mick.
    Love the idea of '60s FS Jet Age too - would that be mainly military?
    Well, I'll use the Cal Classics 1962 AI scheme for civilian traffic and possibly MATS, but the real work will be the military traffic, since I'll have to do that myself. But thanks to Mike Pearson and others, I'm accumulating a great collection of AI planes that I can use.

Of course, both FS54 and FS Jet Age require re-militarizing many Air Force and Navy bases that have been either completely civilianized or converted to joint civil-military use. But that's easy; it's just a matter of editing them out of the regular AI traffic files.

That's all for the future though. My current project is building up Golden Wings, then this winter I'll get going on FS1954. FS Jet Age, if it happens, will come after those others are pretty well complete. (Of course, none of 'em will ever be really complete. There will always be something new to add.)

Members who have read this thread: 1