Korea Mig15

Thread: Korea Mig15

Korea Mig15

I have made the Mig15 much more agressive in dogfighting and shooting down bombers.After over a year today is the first time I ever got hit by the Mig in an F-86.I just started to work on this yesterday so it's still a WIP.

I'm not using the Fox4 Mig but the ones by Morton.I flew the first mission from " The Red Star " against the B-29s and all were destryed in a few minutes by the AI Migs.In my " China Intervention " Missions it's a very hard fought battle with them.Before they were easy pickings.

I have also done some work on the F-86A and F-86E and they are more agreesive.

The work I've done on the F-80C and F-84E has them attacking ground targets with bombs and rockets much better,they even attack ships.

Cool ... he's back!

Al,

Does this mean the existing campaign missions will need revising - because you're tweaking the opposition to the point that the player has a much tougher job to reach the end of the campaign?

Can the Seafury still manage to shoot down the new aggressive Mig15?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Al,

Does this mean the existing campaign missions will need revising - because you're tweaking the opposition to the point that the player has a much tougher job to reach the end of the campaign?

Can the Seafury still manage to shoot down the new aggressive Mig15?
    Well UT if you use them in that campaign they will be tough to shoot down.I didn't change the Fox4 Mig15s for that reason.The ones I did change makes it more of a challenge for the F-86,. I've lost alot of wingmen lately since the changes.

I'm down for the challenge Al...email me a sampling of those eager youngsters to school in the ways of the Bearcat. Like i've said before, no matter how great the flight dynamics, the CFS2 AI engine is a very predictable ACM opponent - does the same stupid things over and over . Speaking of Seafury's, CFS2 AI jets can't corner at max G nor split-S with a high performance prop plane. They tend to get lost and confused at the low point and break off pursuit while the AI engine tries to recalculate a recovery and the next move, which is generally gonna be a slow, turning climb to regain altitude and relocate the player for another B-n-Z run. That's where you quickly turn the tables, get inside that wide turn and put them in the weeds. Let's see if you can surprise me with the new stuff.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Well Bearcat,

They do well against the Jets but not against prop planes.I kinda figured that though.Still a WIP.I've only worked on it a couple of days and will take a break for a few days.I can't sit at the computer very long right now with all the meds I'm taking.

I did some reading by a Mustand pilot that encountered Migs in Korea.He said what they would do is wait to the last minute and turn and dive since the Mig couldn't turn with them.It saved many Mustang pilots lives.They also shot down a few Mig15s in their encounters.

Couldn't let it go so did some more work on it.They now can shoot down prop planes.I testd against Mustangs and SeaFurys and my AI shot down 3 of each.

Sorry for your loses, but no worries. Like i said, very predictable...i know how it works .

CheerZ!

Looks like will put this away and go on to other things.

Icon5

Aw c'mon man, don't take it that way. You had me all teed up to play Mig Alley again. Tell you what, to get a feel for the jet v. jet capabilities you're highlighting, i'll start with my best F-86 mounts, then the F-80's and 84's and work back to props...deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Aw c'mon man, don't take it that way. You had me all teed up to play Mig Alley again. Tell you what, to get a feel for the jet v. jet capabilities you're highlighting, i'll start with my best F-86 mounts, then the F-80's and 84's and work back to props...deal?
    I sent you one of the Migs.Just remember it's a WIP.

Another thing-With you testing it's an uneven playing field in your favor because of the tweaks you do to your planes.These are meant for the average Simmer.
    Last edited by Talon; August 18th, 2014 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I sent you one of the Migs.Just remember it's a WIP.

Another thing-With you testing it's an uneven playing field in your favor because of the tweaks you do to your planes.These are meant for the average Simmer.

Hey! I resent that 'compliment'...i am NOT a cheater, Just an avid student of the dynamics of the "game". And when the game gives me lemons, i just try to make the best lemonade on the block.

Members who have read this thread: 0