conversion requested

Thread: conversion requested

Question conversion requested

Hi to all,
    can someone convert for Cfs2 the excellent Focke Wulf Ta152 made by A.F. Scrub and available at Simviation?? i'm not so good in making Dps...
    Thanks and GoodBye
    Gius

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi to all,
    can someone convert for Cfs2 the excellent Focke Wulf Ta152 made by A.F. Scrub and available at Simviation?? i'm not so good in making Dps...
    Thanks and GoodBye
    Gius
    I´m on track . But it is for ur personal use? Is the same for me exept in the hour to ask permissions.
    Cheers Giusepe!
    Mario

Lightbulb

there is a good dp for it: 1GR Ta152

Hi Mario,
    i'm intending for public use.... i have to ask the permission to the original author.
    Thanks for the Dp
    Giuseppe

An easy conversion with mk_mdlc and it keeps the pilots' head animation too. This model seems to be loosely based on the 1GR_TA152 although its scale is slightly larger (several of the texture bmp names are shared). Using the dp of the 1GR_Ta152, i simply adjusted the gunstations of the 1GR_Ta152 to match the increased scale, resized the damage boxes and added internal wing tanks, which were already correctly reflected in the air file. The 1GR air file doesn't have the wing tanks as it should for the H model. By the way, to get the proper level of engine output and speed performance you'll need to change the number of propeller blades in the aircraft.cfg from 2 to 3 and bump the WEP power boost gain to approx. 22 in the air file (this airplane used both water methanol AND nitrous oxide for war emergency power! ). Besides these minor things, the default flight dynamics are very good.

I tried to edit out the crash detect entries from the mdl in scasm but that process inadvertently decapitates the pilot because it aggressively targets and kills the head animation. This may have some AI issues in future QC and missions. In my pics i'm using the Simtech Dora 2D panel with the white gauges. IMO this is one of the coolest-looking Dora panels around for CFS2, especially when used with the white gauges. For that added German touch, i also cobbled together a Revi styled gunsight bmp replacement for the default Wildcat bmp in the VC.

Thanks Scrubby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0039.jpg   0040.jpg   0041.jpg   0042.jpg  

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Nice pics! so what u are waiting for! do the upload

Excellent work, please do the upload!

Hmmm, there's a thought. Guess i'd better start thinking about getting some permissions. I don't suppose Scrubby would be hard to reach out to - he's pretty active these days - but getting the former Simtech's OK on the panel and gauges may take some effort. Anyone know a shortcut for reaching Crashwoody of Simtech?

Howdy BC,

how do? Hope your good. Cracking work as usual, was always a talent of yours from many moons ago.

Tom/Crashwoody and/or Simtech/CR1 can be contacted here maybe? http://cr1-software.com/

TTFN,
    Jamie

Doing well JD, TFA. Still into private conversions, with a little dabbling in FSDS as time permits. And thanks for the web addy...message sent

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Doing well JD, TFA. Still into private conversions, with a little dabbling in FSDS as time permits. And thanks for the web addy...message sent
    Hello Bearcat, thanks for all your efforts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hello Bearcat, thanks for all your efforts!!!

No problem...this one was easy. I really don't like to work at these things as much as i used to. Besides, i've always been rather partial to the Focke Wulf 190 and all of its derivations. Been wanting for a Ta152 upgrade for a long time.

Members who have read this thread: 3