Virtavia/AlphaSim Heinkel He 111 H Flight Dynamics Update

Thread: Virtavia/AlphaSim Heinkel He 111 H Flight Dynamics Update

Virtavia/AlphaSim Heinkel He 111 H Flight Dynamics Update

Hi All.
    For owners of Virtavia's Heinkel He 111 H bomber, I have updated both the ground handling and flying charateristics. The new aircraft.cfg and air file can be found in the library under FSX "Other".

Constructive feedback is welcome as I am always interested to see how my work is experienced by others on their computer systems and set-ups. These changes are intended to be used having the "Realism" slider turned on full, although this is an individual preference.

mal
    Virtavia Flight Dynamics Guy

Thanks! Very Nice Dynamics! It's more realistic yet! Excuse me but i must go fly it! !
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Thanks Mal

I always thought the out of the box performance seemed a bit spritely for a bomber, so I look forward to giving this a try

Matt

The Heinkel had a wide range of performance variations due to the many different versions that were produced. I have given this aircraft a generalized average speed, not too fast, but not too slow. With half flaps you can lift the tail off by gently pushing forward on the control column at around 60 knts. Then, as she picks up speed, a bit of back pressure and she'll lift off. If it turns out she's too fast we can always dial that back a bit.

you did a very nice work! Thanks!!! woooooooooow
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

This seems a lot more believable Mal. I did have it doing 198 knots in a shallow dive at about 2000ft... props 22 percent, throttles at half power...which I'd struggle to get out of a Spitfire or Hurricane in FSX under the same circumstance... but youre the expert...maybe its a slippery shape with a lot more weight behind it.

Matt

Thanks. Will go dust this one off.

I was reading the German pilots actually had a hard time slowing it down due to it's "slippery" aerodynamic shape.

Works beautifully! considerably more like the real plane. Thanks, Mal...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Great stuff!

BTW, there is a beautifully restored P model at the museum at Gardermoen AP if anyone is travelling to Norway.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Bravo Mal! Thanks!
    Miro

Members who have read this thread: 4