IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-9/A now available

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-9/A now available

Cool IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-9/A now available

Now available from Justflight!!

http://www.justflight.com/product/ir...s-pc9a-for-fsx

Our vision with the IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9/A was to create a desktop simulation product which could potentially be used as a real-world training aid. With access to an abundance of public information, we have been able to realise this vision and produce our most complex and rewarding aircraft to date.

The IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9/A has been modelled after A23-52, an airframe specific to the Royal Australian Air Force Aerobatic Team, 'The Roulettes', and whilst a number of alternate paint schemes from which to choose have been provided, we have remained faithful to the the cockpit of A23-52 and its integrated systems.

So, whether your passion is aerobatics, instrument navigation or even some low level cross country, this aircraft has something for you. It has been a true labour of love for the IRIS team, and it certainly shows!

So strap yourself in, power up the aircraft and take a ride in this accurate, in-depth and enjoyable aircraft - it's easy to fly, but challenging to master!

• Custom sound pack built from authentic PC-9/A audio from both inside the cockpit and the exterior of the aircraft
    • Custom displays and detailed on-board systems based on publicly available PC-9/A flight manuals designed for procedural training
    • Realistic flight models built from real world PC-9/A performance charts and tested by pilots with experience on the aircraft
    • Nine superb HD textures
    • Realistic material reflection and shine
    • Volumetric propeller effect
    • Custom HD paintkit with blank texture and stencils in Photoshop PSD format
    • Custom in-cockpit audio for the audible warning system, cockpit chatter and more
    • Authentic manual and documentation to provide the most realistic procedural simulation possible.

Two of the common questions we get in regards to the new IRIS Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-9/A are as follows;

1. What's different?

2. What sets this new product aside from the already popular freeware PC-9/A from IRIS Flight Simulation Software?

Well there are many differences in the new PC-9/A, in fact the ENTIRE product is different. The whole team here at IRIS approached this product with a singular mindset. This PC-9/A was to be developed to be potentially used by trainee pilots.

When developing the T-6A Texan II which can now be found shipped with Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D simulation platform, we found that a number of US Air Force and US Navy trainees used our product for their familiarisation and training, albeit unofficially.
    As such, we had long envisioned producing a Pilatus PC-9/A with the potential of being used as a procedural simulator for instrument flight, systems familiarisation and emergency procedures training.

Not only that, but we wanted to ensure it could be enjoyable to fly for the average desktop simulation pilot, who may not for whatever reason have access to a real PC-9, but still want the experience of operating the aircraft. After many hours of testing and evaluation by real world pilots and simulation pilots alike, we strongly believe that we have been successful in both counts and we are supremely confident that the product is as close to the real aircraft as can be found in a desktop simulator.

Whilst not endorsed or officially developed in conjunction with the Royal Australian Air Force, being an Australian business, the product we chose to simulate is in fact based on the PC-9/A, specifically flown by the Roulettes, the Royal Australian Air Force Aerobatic Team. During development we were also lucky to have had feedback from pilots and ex-aircrew of the Pilatus PC-9 in regards to flight handling, visual accuracy, audio accuracy and more to ensure that everything in the cockpit works as intended for the purposes of training.

After over two years in development, it's turned out to be a superb simulation of the real PC-9/A in all regards and we’re undoubtedly proud of our accomplishments. So whether you’ve never flown an IRIS aircraft before, are a long-time fan or have moved on to pastures new, we invite you to come back to us and fly a product which is undoubtedly the most accurate, most detailed and most in-depth IRIS product to date.

Blue Skies!

David Love-Brice
    Proprietor
    IRIS Flight Simulation Software
    http://www.irissimulations.com.au/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[...] And how it's nice!!! thx David!

check your Pm's, mate!!!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Miro, that's the old freeware PC-9. The new one (in a similar angle) is below.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's very much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...oops! I uploaded another image! Did you checked your PM? Very Nice model, superb flight dynamics and HD textures! Great IRISSIM!:thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

I purchased this addon from Just Flight, but I have a problem with tha landing gear lever. It dosn't work, I try left click , right click and the mouse wheel but it don't work .The gear can only be operated with the default G key.I cannot access to the Iris forum.I send two support ticket but I get no reply.Anybody else has the same problem? Thank for any help

Maury

Oh my...

....just bought the PC-9A, and David, I am LOVING it!!!!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....just bought the PC-9A, and David, I am LOVING it!!!!

Kent
    I am very interested in the PC-9a. I have the 21 and love it. Is there a us navy or marine paint scheme?

I just looked at the available liveries, and the majority of paints are RAAF. There area few Iris in-house schemes, and a BAE machine. Two things I'll mention-- it's a GREAT model (IMHO), and I suspect David will be releasing a paint kit for it (I looked briefly, but it doesn't look like that is released yet). Tough to see how you could go wrong on this one....

Kent

I saw a thread here about a week ago saying that there's an update to this release, so I re-downloaded it from Simmarket. It's still the same installer dated 7-10-14 that I have from when I bought it a month or so ago. I could have sworn I saw a thread here about the update with an optional VC without the back seat, but I can't find it.

Did anyone else get the update?

Same thing for me.Io I bought this addon from JustFlight, but there were no update.Also tried to write in the forum of justflight, but they told me that there is no update.I post the question also on the Facebook page of Iris, but no reply

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I am very interested in the PC-9a. I have the 21 and love it. Is there a us navy or marine paint scheme?
    You can always download the old T-6A Texan II....
    Miro

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    You can always download the old T-6A Texan II....

Yep. I have it too. But the new is looking really nice. I just have to save a few of my lunch dollars.....

Quote Originally Posted by grog swiller View Post
    I saw a thread here about a week ago saying that there's an update to this release, so I re-downloaded it from Simmarket. It's still the same installer dated 7-10-14 that I have from when I bought it a month or so ago. I could have sworn I saw a thread here about the update with an optional VC without the back seat, but I can't find it.

Did anyone else get the update?
    I have the update, I downloaded it from the Iris Store page. It was included in a .rar with the older installer.

it is only available to people who bought the PC9 from IRIS store?

WIP - Fuerza Aerea Uruguaya

Testing some self made dirt-layers.

Members who have read this thread: 3