P3D 2.3 is Released!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.3 is Released!!

Good News. . .Thanks!!

Excellent ! I will test it as soon as I can.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Downloading as I type. Almost finished but has taken almost 5 hours.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

The two big "hick-ups" I have read about are if you use FSUIPC make sure you get the "hotfix" .dll they have made until Pete gets back to make a new full version else you'll get a CTD. The other one I read is ASN is not compatible.... yet. For ASN users check their website.

Blog Entries
    As I'm away from home at the moment, I'd love to hear everyone's first impressions of the upgrade.

Ian

Tried unsuccessfully to download the new version last night. Unstable internet connection. Cable tech scheduled to come check everything this afternoon, and then I hope I can get it downloaded. NC

Every time I have CTD with error like this: clr.dll
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Down-loaded and took the Maule up for an hour........
    fps in 30's and 40's with everything maxed out (full right)......
    smooth as silk on this new pooter !! Need a few more hours to really know.

3.5 ghz
    10g ram
    3g graphics

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Do You see Accu Feel in menu (if You have it for P3D)? My is gone....

Panels Saitek too same (only Instruments panels work).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Tried unsuccessfully to download the new version last night. Unstable internet connection. Cable tech scheduled to come check everything this afternoon, and then I hope I can get it downloaded. NC
    Check your download when complete and be sure that you have all the cab files. I had a successful download, but then discovered during the installation that data1 and data2 cab files were not included. I had to go back to the individual downloads and get those two and then start the installation again.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You see Accu Feel in menu (if You have it for P3D)? My is gone....

Panels Saitek too same (only Instruments panels work).

YoYo..........haven't loaded my Accu Feel yet. Gonna do a thorough "check-ride" before adding anything........
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I have to say. . .wow. . .quite a difference over 2.2. The first noticeable difference is the "fluidity". In 2.2 even though I was getting a steady 25fps, there was still a lack of fluid motion. . .not sure how to explain it, but maybe others can relate to what I'm saying. Now, the realism (with trackIR) is something I haven't experienced in any other sim prior. Combine this with the ability to up the resolution of ground textures without any loss in fps or any inkling of a stutter and the perception of realism takes another jump. It may be my imagination but even the prop animation seems more realistic, lol. I'm really impressed and while I have V1.4 installed to be able to still fly favorites from a bygone era, lol. . .it is very tempting to give it the boot as well and just accept that many of my old favorites just aren't part of the program anymore.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Very much improved compared to 2.2.

Only disappointment for me was about a month ago I reinstalled P3DV2.2 and had just got it running the way I wanted it to run. Now I have to start all over again .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Great news, I know what I'll be up to tonight!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have to say. . .wow. . .while I have V1.4 installed to be able to still fly favorites from a bygone era, lol. . .it is very tempting to give it the boot as well and just accept that many of my old favorites just aren't part of the program anymore.
    Good to read a +ve report, many moaners out there which are causing me to hold off diving in like I did with 1.4 to be disappointed.

Re the quote, what are you saying here, do fs9 models not work at all? Not even the superb ones? That may be it for me if I cannot use the Maltby's or Pipers a/c.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Here's a Good Guide to follow if you're going to Patch to 2.3
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449058-...4#entry3054736

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Good to read a +ve report, many moaners out there which are causing me to hold off diving in like I did with 1.4 to be disappointed.
    Re the quote, what are you saying here, do fs9 models not work at all? Not even the superb ones? That may be it for me if I cannot use the Maltby's or Pipers a/c.
    All I have found concerning aircraft is that if they are FS9 only aircraft, most are flyable but have no VC functionality. Gauges work in that they read correctly, but are not accessible and switches, knobs, levers do not work at all so to operate anything you have to rely on pop-ups or the 2D which I no longer do. As for FSX models. . .if they are Native FSX, they still appear, for the most part, to retain all the functions in the VC but not sure for how much longer. As P3D moves ahead, they are slowly weeding out corrupt or "cheat" coding that was used by some developers to bypass FS9/FSX coding limitations. At some point in the future I have to assume that if it isn't developed/coded and compiled using the current P3D SDK, it will no longer work in future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Very much improved compared to 2.2.
    Only disappointment for me was about a month ago I reinstalled P3DV2.2 and had just got it running the way I wanted it to run. Now I have to start all over again .
    Yep, I always hesitate before I download the full install Pat. . . ."Hmmm, do I really want to do this. . .reinstall the full program. . .surely the patch is a better way to go, lol". Patches just never seem to work very well for me, but what I did start doing was pulling all the various P3D Related files and folders from all the hidden directories and saving them (except for the shaders, I let those rebuild) to my desktop. Then after the full install is complete and activated correctly, I go back and drop those files back in place.

The HTAI F-16s no longer crash the sim, for that alone I love this patch, lol!

But all in all I think it's a really nice performance update, it works great here.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I love the Lighting So Shiny

Patrick

I must say wow. Downloading v2.3 really messed up everything P3D on my PC. Anyone see this:

I've cleaned out everything P3D, full download of v2.3, still no fix. Guess it's off to P3d forums to see what's going on.

Reason? V2.3 not compatible with the latest Nvidia graphics driver. 340.50. I've reverted to the previous driver. Nvidia issue, not P3D, or so they say.

d

To the best of my knowledge I have followed the patch update procedures(Twice!)

When I go to the about screen It shows 2.2..... still installed but when I check the properties of Prepar3D.exe it shows it to be 2.3....

Any idea?

Also FSUIPC does not work for me even with the newer DLL. CTD happens, I disabled it in the DLL.XML and the CTD does not happen.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Hello Russ,It's been stated on another forum"see my link above" that in order to install the patch your OS drive needs 20gigs of free space in order for P3D to copy temp files.Could that be the problem?

Patrick

Boy, just goes to show how difficult it is for developers to get something that works across the board. Every system is different. . .many problems of a similar nature can be cause by very different things depending on your particular system, so one solution doesn't really mean it fixes everyone's problem. For me, this was the easiest of any of the version installations. FSUIPC works fine with the temp dll, no odd blue triangles, no problems with aircraft. . .the only current glitch is that Instant Scenery 3, which worked in 2.2, no longer works in 2.3. . .causes an immediate crash. As far as day to day sim operation. . .everything is smooth, much improved. . .very impressive.

Members who have read this thread: 2