RAZBAM $20 Sale - Metroliner or Harrier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM $20 Sale - Metroliner or Harrier

RAZBAM $20 Sale - Metroliner or Harrier

Just found out that exclusively through the RAZBAM shop, they are offering either of the Harrier packages, or the normally $70 Metroliner for $20!

http://razbamsims.com/store/

There are a few repaints here for it (pick the "manual download" option below the green link for each repaint when acquiring)...
    http://www.flightsim.co.nz/

The above link has liveries for Air New Zealand (old and new), Origin Pacific, a couple of German ones, a Fiji one, REX Express for Australia, and a nice Horizon Airlines for your US Pacific Northwest needs.

There's also a couple of Toll Priority (Aussie) liveries on Aussiex.org for it, as well as two North Flying / Air Norway liveries available at the link below:
    http://www.polystack.com/Razbam.html

I just picked up the Metroliner (coincidentally was about to purchase it a few days ago!) and am looking forward to trying it out!

Let us know your opinion of it. I've never bought anything from Razbam.

There's definitely a learning curve, and I'm still trying to figure out why my ailerons stop working after any number of minutes during my flight, but I suspect that's operator error (the control column is moving...).

EDIT: The yaw damper appears to turn on the autopilot in it's entirety, which explains the aileron issue. I suppose I'll be leaving the damper off unless specifically flying using the AP. Overall, a nice aircraft.

Thank you for that, I have added it to my collection,
    at this price it is very good value.
    Definitely a **** model........

Must be a slow moving item (The Metro) and must annoy those who purchased it at the full price, but that's the luck of the draw.
    Shame that Carenado overlooked this one.
    At $20.00 reduced from $70.00 it's a good deal, one that first buyers should file away for future reference.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Charter Member 2015
    I cannot set up an account with them. Says I have an account. I reset the password and it will still not let me in?

Tried to send email to them and it was returned with no such email account. The email address was in an email to me saying I have an account and it I need help email them????????????????????????

David

I am in the same boat!

Paul

I looked at a youtube video review of this aircraft:

And as much as I can appreciate the detail of starting this aircraft up. I think not for me.
    A very nice deal for a nice aircraft but I just am not into that much detail. I was very tempted to buy
    but after looking at that 30 minute video I was a little put off with all that cockpit startup minutiae......

As an aside, I am wishing and hoping for Carenado to have a discount sale of some of their products. I'm interested their
    C208 and hopefully at a reduced price.
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 10th, 2014 at 11:05.

If you are interested in it, I wouldn't let that video put you off. The carenado 208 isn't that much simpler. Batts, generator, inverter, inst power, a few SAS and SRL switches to turn on, press the start button and you are up and running.

I wasn't a fan of the VTOL operation in the Harrier. It was very clunky and not 'real deal' like it was billed to be in my opinion.

I would say Metro for that reason. Traditional fixed wing... Less likely to have annoying issues.

They've only released one Metro, right? I remember seeing previews of several models they had planned (as usual with Razbam). I bought a Razbam Metro for a little over $25 a couple months ago through JustFlight. Wanted to make sure this wasn't something new (especially at this price).

How long is this sale on for? I get paid on the 15th!!!!!

Don

I just now went back to the link for that $20 deal on the metroliner now it looks like its $50. Started to have a change of heart but not at $50.00 bucks....
    All this changed in last 2 hours.....

Edit: Looks like I was looking at wrong ad or something, Anyway, the $20 offer was still valid and I am d/l it now. Hope it is all that is cracks up to be.

They would have had my $20 if I could have managed to get logged in over the past 2 days. Instead I dropped the $20 on the new A2A Avro 504 and am a much happier guy.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

The aircraft does require a bit of reading to ensure that you operate everything correctly, as there are some peculiarities, but as long as you are capable of taking the time to read a small amount and are a competent learner, I think you'll enjoy this aircraft. We're not talking hours of startup procedures here...

I'm not sure if Ctrl-E (autostart) works with this one as I don't use auto-start features. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

I'm very much enjoying this addon. If you're unwilling or incapable of learning something new, this aircraft isn't for you, but otherwise, I would encourage turboprop/regional aircraft lovers to get this one. I believe it's on sale until the 15th (not sure what timezone though).

[QUOTE=SeanTK;899594]The aircraft does require a bit of reading to ensure that you operate everything correctly, as there are some peculiarities, but as long as you are capable of taking the time to read a small amount and are a competent learner, I think you'll enjoy this aircraft. We're not talking hours of startup procedures here...

I'm not sure if Ctrl-E (autostart) works with this one as I don't use auto-start features. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

CTRL + E (Autostart) works for me. Shysong sounds sells better sounds for this plane. Have not got that yet but listened/watched their demo video.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/skysong-s...io-p-4891.html

I was not too impressed at the startup sounds. In the cockpit, I can bearly hear a kid saying "Hi" while starting up the aircraft.
    The weight and balance management program is clever. You can add/subtract pax and baggage as you desire.
    Cockpit layout is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    CTRL + E (Autostart) works for me. Shysong sounds sells better sounds for this plane. Have not got that yet but listened/watched their demo video.
    http://www.fspilotshop.com/skysong-s...io-p-4891.html
    CTRL+E will indeed start the engines but leaves numerous warning lights on the annunciator,
    many systems remaining switched off.

Thanks for the advice on the sound.
    The aircraft already has the Skyworks sound.
    Luckily, although I was misled by your post, I had some credit at FsPilotShop and only wasted $3.

Charter Member 2015
    gray eagle: "And as much as I can appreciate the detail of starting this aircraft up. I think not for me.
    A very nice deal for a nice aircraft but I just am not into that much detail. I was very tempted to buy
    but after looking at that 30 minute video I was a little put off with all that cockpit startup minutiae......"

I purchased it but have not yet had a chance to try it. I don't like to much detail either as far as "Dark and Cold". On this one they had "User configurable realism settings" in it's discription so I am in hopes that means "get and go".

David

[QUOTE=ncooper;899671]CTRL+E will indeed start the engines but leaves numerous warning lights on the annunciator,
    many systems remaining switched off.

Thanks for the advice on the sound.
    The aircraft already has the Skyworks sound.

I looked at the header in the sound.cfg and sure enough, there is "Aaron R. Swindle/Skysong Soundworks
    12/11/2013" info.
    The Soundworks' demo sounded a little different then what Razbam included.

I wonder if there is another FSX aircraft out there that uses a better sounding Garrett TPE331 engine either free or payware?
    I'm a little disappointed in the stock sound used for this aircraft.

Great Turbo Prop sound

This is the sound I had hoped for in the Metro III that I purchased. I'm still looking for a viable substitute sound.

Was there ever a paintkit for this one? Lots of subjects (assuming one bothers to paint the right version) as evidenced by all the repaints of a couple FS9 and AI versions.

If anyone is interested, besides the two locations for repaints provided by SeanTK at the top, do a search at flightsim.com and simviation.com.
    Both have several and not all the same. Looks like it got a bit more attention from the repainters than I had realized.

It does have a paint kit Frank.

Cheers,
    Hank

Members who have read this thread: 7