RAZBAM $20 Sale - Metroliner or Harrier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAZBAM $20 Sale - Metroliner or Harrier

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    It does have a paint kit Frank.

Cheers,
    Hank
    Thanks.

From the razbam site? I didn't spot one in the download.

Charter Member 2015
    Where In God's Creations did they get the passengers?

David

Frank, not in your documents/RAZBAM folder??

Hank

I see thanks to fsafranek that flightsim.com has a two pack of Northwest Airlines liveries, which I was hoping for! Excellent. Also a couple more New Zealand liveries (which brings the total number of NZ liveries between what RAZBAM supplied, ARNZX, and Flightsim.com to a surprisingly high amount).

Frank, not in your documents/RAZBAM folder??

Hank
    Yep. Found it. Thanks.

Did a lap around the airport yesterday and the Metro seems to be an excellent hand-flyer.
    Flew it after the checklists and had to take quite some peeks into the manual in between.

Couldn't get the ILS information on the EHSI to work though, but that might just be an ID10T error.

Save for the start locks and overtemp and -torque, not flipping most other buttons doesn't seem to have much of a consequence for the airplane's condition.
    Hence, CTRL+E works just fine.

The way the model was made, however, allows for a bit of creativity regarding implementing a few more quirks.
    I'm trying to make the nose wheel steering work a bit like the real thing.
    And implement an APU. It isn't funny if I run out of juice while nose deep in the manual.

It does have a paint kit Frank.
    A fairly messy one (especially misc2.psd and misc3.psd), if I dare to say.

- Edit: Paint sources so far...

Simviation paints:
    http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...oliner&x=0&y=0

Flightsim.com:
    Search term: "Razbam Metro"

Avsim.com:
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search

ARNZX:
    http://www.flightsim.co.nz/repaints/...troliner%20III

Bjoern,

This is from the manual:

DISPLAYING THE ILS
    The ILS system is tied to the secondary NAV source. In ILS mode the following information is available: Glideslope (GS)
    and Course Deviation (CD) bars, glideslope angular error, Locator bearing. BELOW G/S warning.
    To enable the ILS you must click on the HSI or ARC buttons until the ILS mode status is displayed in the bottom display
    area.
    In 360‐Degree mode the MAP view is disabled while in ARC mode it is available only in its default mode.

I had to scramble to discover this myself yesterday on approach to a cloudy and rainy Trondheim, Norway. Not a good time to be missing the info you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    The ILS system is tied to the secondary NAV source.
    This is the crucial bit of information and just shows how entrenched we are in our standard procedures. I didn't even consider that the nav source was to blame.
    Fortunately, my lap around the field was on a normal day and not during the meterological apocalypse.

Members who have read this thread: 7