Aircraft Factory Avro 504k now available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Factory Avro 504k now available

Helitrim works in the 504 too

Just a note for those like me with joysticks with strong springs, and find themselves having to hold the stick constantly
    forward to keep the 504's nose down, but who aren't certain what to change in the .cgf folder for pitch control, if you're
    already using the helitrim function to provide pitch trim in helicopters, it works fine in the 504 too.

Just add the helitrim's gauge line to the "[Vcockpit00]" section in the 504's .panel folder, immediately after gauge01,
    and number the helitrim's gauge line to gauge02.

I didn't bother trying to add the helitrim's pitch angle display window.

You won't get complete hands off auto pilot trim control, but it's easy to add, and gives decent pitch control.

Just a suggestion that works for me.

Thanks - Rob

Charter Member 2011
    Glad you guys are enjoying it!!

Paintkit is now available as well

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=118&t=41639
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Another one, just uploaded to SOH. Estonian Air Force, early 20's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-9_20-49-53-361.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	11136 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-9_20-33-10-697.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	11137

If You are user of Accu Feel remember - check Open Cocpit option.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Loving it...and loving the way it flies. Would have thought that is was hands on flying all of the time being a somewhat very vintage aeroplane and a trainer to boot too. Not going to change anything on mine as then keeps it nice and period and somewhat authentic. If all aeroplanes flew the same, or were easy, then personally can't see the point of it all. Take my hat off to everyone involved. Many, many thanks.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Loving it...and loving the way it flies. ... If all aeroplanes flew the same, or were easy, then personally can't see the point of it all.
    +1. That's what makes different aircraft interesting.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thank you, Gents!

Spanish AF scheme incoming! Just uploaded it to SOH. Should be on Avsim, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Just a note for those like me with joysticks with strong springs, and find themselves having to hold the stick constantly
    forward to keep the 504's nose down, but who aren't certain what to change in the .cgf folder for pitch control, if you're
    already using the helitrim function to provide pitch trim in helicopters, it works fine in the 504 too.

Just add the helitrim's gauge line to the "[Vcockpit00]" section in the 504's .panel folder, immediately after gauge01,
    and number the helitrim's gauge line to gauge02.

I didn't bother trying to add the helitrim's pitch angle display window.

You won't get complete hands off auto pilot trim control, but it's easy to add, and gives decent pitch control.

Just a suggestion that works for me.

Thanks - Rob
    Rob,where can i find this helitrim gauge?
    Mike

Check the PM, BigMike. Avro engineers sent you some advices

L.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaglik View Post
    Check the PM, BigMike. Avro engineers sent you some advices

L.
    Thank you,Lukas.
    Still no luck,cannot keep the hight.
    Mike

It works---i made something wrong.
    Mike
    Last edited by big-mike; August 10th, 2014 at 10:56. Reason: ok

Glad you have sorted it out!

L.

Having a wonderful time, trying to keep straight and level and on course.......Thank you very much indeed!

Bet the local St. Austell scenery has changed a lot over the last 80 years (China Clay works) since Percy Phillips flew the real 504 over it.

Happy Landings,

Martin

Just out of historical curiosity, what did the RAF need float plane 504's for?
    What role did the silver 504s have in egypt?

Quote Originally Posted by djwaglik View Post
    Glad you have sorted it out!

L.
    Sorry I've been away for the weekend.

Ah, so that's what you need to change. Learn something new every day. And this seems to works better.

So attention Roger, you can take off my post about the helitrim gauge if you want.

Thanks loads djwaglik!- Rob

ps: if still interested, the helitrim gauge is over at the avsim library under file name helitrim.zip

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Posing for Airfix box art!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thank you very much, Martin! The screenshots are gorgeus!

If you will approach on some Avro 504 scheme which could be interesting to recreate and there will be enough sources (like: this plane was dark blue, or something, together with some photos), I will try to create it.
    Right now I finished Spanish AF skin and I am going to paint some Portuguese. Yoyo is going to create a Polish one. Then, maybe I will paint the Zep hunter skin from one of the Home Defence squadrons. On of the survivors is carrying such one, so it will be easy to to.
    Then I may visit South America and paint Chilean, Brazilian and Argentinian schemes. There is also some nice Australian scheme (dark green with white logo AVRO painted on the fuselage), though with different engine, but well...

Lucas

Just out of historical curiosity, what did the RAF need float plane 504's for?
    She could be used as a trainer to teach the student how to operate a float plane before he'd try something bigger. Some could be used for a close recon.
    Egypt was under British protectorate until 1922 when the country got independence. But still, the British influences were strong and if I am not wrong, there were still some RAF bases in Nile delta until Egypt created it's own AF in the 30's.

Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Sorry I've been away for the weekend.

Ah, so that's what you need to change. Learn something new every day. And this seems to works better.

So attention Roger, you can take off my post about the helitrim gauge if you want.

Thanks loads djwaglik!- Rob

ps: if still interested, the helitrim gauge is over at the avsim library under file name helitrim.zip
    Thank you,Rob.
    Mike

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I keep forgetting that the Coastal command was RAF not Navy
    What I was wondering about Egypt though was why there were training aircraft there. was it a squadron hack, or did they train other countries pilots there?

That could be a liaison plane, a trainer for a newcomers or just a recon plane. Those are my thoughts.

Is fuel gauge here?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2011
    I keep forgetting that the Coastal command was RAF not Navy
    What I was wondering about Egypt though was why there were training aircraft there. was it a squadron hack, or did they train other countries pilots there?

Acutally the coastal command didnt really exist in ww1, it was the navy's responsibility, who used boats/ships/airships and the RNAS (Royal Navy Air Service) used planes. It wasnt till 1918 when all the air services were formed under the "RAF", although the navy kepted a small service and called it the fleet air arm

Is fuel gauge here?
    The jury is out on if it even had one, the original 1918 one thats still flown by the shuttleworth collection doesnt have one, but theres 1 reference were ones been added. So one might be added in the 1.1 patch, as well as a fix for the twitchy pilots and anything else that crops up.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Members who have read this thread: 4