Aircraft Factory Avro 504k now available
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Factory Avro 504k now available

Charter Member 2011

Aircraft Factory Avro 504k now available

The Aircraft Factory Avro 504k has just been released, you can find it at the A2A store here:

https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...a01dc19e5b0f93

Enjoy it and all comments, both good and bad, are welcomed
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Very nice Stiz... is this your work? Its great to see some more WWI types getting some attention by developers.

Matt

I'll pass. I love the 504K, but given the horrible comments you made about the JF Chipmunk in public, I will never buy one of your creations.

I had your Anson and I gave it away to a friend who doesn't have the financial resources to buy payware... Not a trace of it is left on any of my disks.

Dumonceau

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Very nice Stiz... is this your work? Its great to see some more WWI types getting some attention by developers.

Matt
    It is yes, i did the model and the vast majority of the codeing, Lukasz (who did the AF Albatros D.III (Oef)) did the textures
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

More screenies?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't have to ask...I'll buy it. I believe lessons have been learnt, so let's leave it at that.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I'll pass. I love the 504K, but given the horrible comments you made about the JF Chipmunk in public, I will never buy one of your creations.

I had your Anson and I gave it away to a friend who doesn't have the financial resources to buy payware... Not a trace of it is left on any of my disks.

Dumonceau
    Soviets did not allowed to release critics about his matters...and finally, all people knows how they ended.

Good luck, surely you'll need it.

Let's keep the thread clean, free from politics and personal stuff please. Stiz has called for comments so feel free to give constructive criticism.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

3 tail draggers and a float plane comprise the pack and with Dx10 usage I found no issues except the interior model in the float version does not show vc shadows...this I rectified with the Dx 10 tool box. There is a blip switch for authentic use and a throttle control for the lazy (like me). The manual (download from A2A site) is comprehensive and pilot and pupil can be removed at will. I now have 2 of my favorite British trainers: the Chippie and the 504k!

I like it and here are some screenshots...

SYSTEM :

2 more...

SYSTEM :

Hi,

there should be a paintkit around very soon, so I hope that there will be some repaints, as there are lots of resources available. I also prepared some extra skin pack which can be downloaded from A2A's forums: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=118&t=41611 That contain Old Rhinebeck Avro 504 replica scheme, Canadian Aviation Museum and some British civ and military ones.

Still more to come. After the weekend, we should release a Hamble aerodrome scenery where the Avro factory was located. This will be a freeware package.

Hope that you will enjoy it. We had lots of fun making this one.
    Nice screenshots, Roger!

Lucas

I'm not sure if elevator trim is historically accurate but I like to be able to trim my aircraft. Under [airplane_geometry] in the aircraft.cfg I changed the setting from 0.00000 to:

elevator_trim_limit =15.0//0.00000
    SYSTEM :

I realise that the plane may be a bit tiring to fly with keeping the stick slightly forward all the time (this is even more frustrating with force feedback sticks). The plane did not have adjustable H-Stab, but I guess that, as a good testbed, some Avro's could have it installed (like Bristol Fighter, Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, SE5a or RE8). Anyways, many WW1 were slightly tail heavy and had a tendency to climb.
    So, this can be a good solution to have her fly on level. Once you modify the trim section, you can also add some Autopilot settings, so she will fly hands off the stick.

BTW: try some aerobatics or a spin recovery. JohnC made some excellent job while tuning the FD and personally I am very happy with the results.

L.

Thanks for the info Lucas! One other thing I noticed is that when the pilot and pupil are scanning the horizon, at the switch from maximum right there is a twitch, most notable with the pupil's head. Not a biggie but I would like to see it fixed.
    Like the silver doped version in the add-on texture pack

SYSTEM :

Thanks, Roger. We will nail it. That silver one is lovely and was inspired by the old Air Fix model box art
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avro_504K_Airfix_01048_72nd.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	11092

If you will have any paint requests, please let us know. Like I wrote before, there are some interesting ones to be done from around the world.

Regards!

Edit: The silver-doped civilian G-ABAA from the extra skinpack is exhibited in museum in Manchester

Beautiful work on this one, Stiz and Lucas! I look forward to purchasing it soon.

I've always liked the lines of the Avro 504K. There are some great stories of the guys operating them out in the desert, where some of their past-time was spent filling the aircraft with just a trace of fuel, starting them up, and letting them take off on their own, hopping into the air for a distance and then settling back down as the engine became starved of fuel - much like you would with a rubber-band powered balsa wood airplane. There is so much wing area, and being so stable and so light, they're essentially kites.

Well done stitz!
    A true classic and one with great 'repaint potential'.
    Purchased and about to give her a whirl.

Attachment 11112

Out-Bloody-Standing!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Am going to buy this, as A2A were wonderful to us with our Museum Simulator in supplying the Anson (as we have one of only three airworthy) and also that 504s flew over the local area in the 1920s and 30s with the Cornwall Aviation Company, who operated bright red 504s. Be another worthy addition and one that has a link to the past as we are soon to have a display in the hangar relating to this company.

Cheers,

Martin
    www.classicairforce.com

Martin,

is there a chance that you have some photos of Avro 504's from the Cornwall Aviation Company ? I only have a color profile of G-EBIZ and I am not sure what's written on the fuselage.
    There is "The Cornwall Aviation Co Ltd. And below that one there is something else". Could you please give some advice/pictures and I will make it or any other ones ?

Thank you for your kind words!

Lucas

I have a dim memory that some had the word "Helston" there.

http://mail.afleetingpeace.org/index...erial-circuses G-EBSE
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

St. Austell was written below Cornwall Aviation Ltd.

Found some nice postcards/photos over the internet. Looks like the paint was changing. One version has a silver engine cowling, then it becomes red. The planes were clear dope painted from below.

Ooooh! Something red has just been seen over Duxford! Is that a Cornwall Aviation Ltd. plane ? Guess, that yes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-9_17-24-35-435.jpg 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	11129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-8-9_17-24-46-167.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	11130

Is should upload it today.

L.

The scheme has been uploaded to SOH and Avsim. It should be up.

St. Austell was written below Cornwall Aviation Ltd.
    Ah yes. I was close though!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 4