Saw the Blue Angels practice today and....

Thread: Saw the Blue Angels practice today and....

Saw the Blue Angels practice today and....

My wife and I drove to NAS Pensacola to see the Blue Angels practice today. It's a regular weekly thing, normally there, but for one reason or another, the Blues haven't been doing a practice show for many weeks. As a result, there were thousands and thousands of people there. We fortunately were there over two hours early (had intended on a brief beach visit before the show). When we saw the line of cars going into the parking lot by the museum, we decided on a beach trip later. We got a front row seat on the flight line. Hot? OMG. It was sweltering. But there was a vendor selling water and snacks, with part of the proceeds going to the museum. I struck up a conversation with a young man sitting next to us. Turned out he had, at one time, worked for Microsoft on FSX!

Great day. I am sunburned, but to see the Blues FOR FREE was worth it. My wife had never seen them. She was beyond impressed.

GO NAVY. NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; August 6th, 2014 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    My wife and I drove to NAS Pensacola to see the Blue Angels practice today. It's a regular weekly thing, normally there, but for one reason or another, the Blues haven't been doing a practice show for many weeks. As a result, there were thousands and thousands of people there. We fortunately were there over two hours early (had intended on a brief beach visit before the show). When we saw the line of cars going into the parking lot by the museum, we decided on a beach trip later. We got a front row seat on the flight line. Hot? OMG. It was sweltering. But there was a vendor selling water and snacks, with part of the proceeds going to the museum. I struck up a conversation with a young man sitting next to us. Turned out he had, at one time, worked for Microsoft on the FSX!

Great day. I am sunburned, but to see the Blues FOR FREE was worth it. My wife had never seen them. She was beyond impressed.

GO NAVY. NC

"The Blues" will be here too in October

http://memphisairshow.org/

also another air show in Halls TN this month:

Some WWII piston pounders will be performing:

http://2ndmarinereenactors.com/?even...-air-show-2013

Gonna enjoy those old time planes in Halls, TN and take some MP4 movies of them.

Glad to hear you are situated in P'cola now.

My wife and I drove to NAS Pensacola to see the Blue Angels practice today. It's a regular weekly thing, normally there, but for one reason or another, the Blues haven't been doing a practice show for many weeks. As a result, there were thousands and thousands of people there. We fortunately were there over two hours early (had intended on a brief beach visit before the show). When we saw the line of cars going into the parking lot by the museum, we decided on a beach trip later. We got a front row seat on the flight line. Hot? OMG. It was sweltering. But there was a vendor selling water and snacks, with part of the proceeds going to the museum. I struck up a conversation with a young man sitting next to us. Turned out he had, at one time, worked for Microsoft on the FSX!

GO NAVY. NC

My grandson and I were there today also. We normally get in line early enough to sit in the bleachers, but today we decided to stand at the rope by the static aircraft. It was hot, but we could feel a breeze where we were and that helped. As always, we enjoyed the practice and I got to see my favorite maneuver (high alpha) twice. The power of the FA-18 really shows when one of the jets pull straight up at the end of the high alpha. We usually go the Naval Air Museum about once every month to six weeks. It is always interesting and enjoyable - never gets old. To get to see the Blues also is frosting on the cake. Maybe I'll run into you over there one day.

Nice NC, one of many benefits of being stationed there for 4 years. Morning runs on the beach with students and the Blues overhead, good times.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

My wife and I drove to NAS Pensacola to see the Blue Angels practice today. It's a regular weekly thing, normally there, but for one reason or another, the Blues haven't been doing a practice show for many weeks. As a result, there were thousands and thousands of people there. We fortunately were there over two hours early (had intended on a brief beach visit before the show). When we saw the line of cars going into the parking lot by the museum, we decided on a beach trip later. We got a front row seat on the flight line. Hot? OMG. It was sweltering. But there was a vendor selling water and snacks, with part of the proceeds going to the museum. I struck up a conversation with a young man sitting next to us. Turned out he had, at one time, worked for Microsoft on FSX!

GO NAVY. NC
    Man, you was lucky!

I never seem they!

But I seem many times the Patrouille Suisse exerciting on the narrow mountains like the Ebenfluh, the Swiss shooting range of the Air Force.

"Patrouille Suisse Axalp 2009" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gnu...e_gdata_player

Entry 900 & 800 kph....
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

I like the Blue Angels; actually prefer them to the Thunderbirds. But I wish they were still flying the A-4 Scooter in their displays; they put on a GREAT show with them. Always seemed to be the perfect airshow display aircraft.

N.

Meeting my son and his family at Oceana and looking forward to seeing the Blue Angels! My favorite Blue Angel a/c was the smoke'n'thunder F-4. Rattled the rafters for miles around and you knew you were at an airshow!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 1