Dino Catanneo's S-3 Viking in Version 0.99 Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dino Catanneo's S-3 Viking in Version 0.99 Available

Dino Catanneo's S-3 Viking in Version 0.99 Available

Dino has made his S-3 Viking in beta 0.99 available for download on his website. HERE!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Dino, much thanks for the updated S-3B! I can see the fruits of your labor in this model versus the first Beta and I am very impressed. I took a stab at fixing the launch bar & holdback issue using the RFN carrier gauges. So far, the catapult holdback works as it is supposed to. I will continue testing it with the RFN gauges to see if it behaves as intended. BTW, the AICarrier approach & trap behavior is absolutely stable as a rock!

Thanks again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outstanding! Thanks for the HU.
    Best, Michael

A video I made earlier of my Trap and Cat Shot with the S-3B using AICarriers and the USS Nimitz. My airmanship (IMO) is crappy in this video as I am not used to the FDE feel yet and thus, my approach groove deviations were horrendous and worthy of of being sent to the LSO's Doghouse but at least the video demonstrates just how stable Dino's S-3B is using AICarriers.

Please forgive the video quality it is very raw, unedited, I am literally a newbie to this as of today and am doing an evaluation trying to decide between Bandicam or FRAPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICZ...ature=youtu.be

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did my first trap with it today, was 500 ft out when carrier decides to turn, quick go around realign got down, actually quiet easy compared to other aircraft.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

There are two [fltsim.18] entries.
    Easy fix.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    A video I made earlier of my Trap and Cat Shot with the S-3B using AICarriers and the USS Nimitz. My airmanship (IMO) is crappy in this video as I am not used to the FDE feel yet and thus, my approach groove deviations were horrendous and worthy of of being sent to the LSO's Doghouse but at least the video demonstrates just how stable Dino's S-3B is using AICarriers.

Please forgive the video quality it is very raw, unedited, I am literally a newbie to this as of today and am doing an evaluation trying to decide between Bandicam or FRAPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICZ...ature=youtu.be
    Hey Storm, may i ask, is this FSX sound i hear in your vid ? Did you record it along with the video ? Or did you add it later ?

I am even less than a newbie at FSX video creation myself, uploaded my first ever video just yesterday... Did you have a go at Shadowplay by any chance ?... ( while Shadowplay does record sounds along with video in other sims it doesn't in FSX... atleast AFAIK.... )

Great video and i'd say some great flying as well !

Thanks!

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Hey Storm, may i ask, is this FSX sound i hear in your vid ? Did you record it along with the video ? Or did you add it later ?

I am even less than a newbie at FSX video creation myself, uploaded my first ever video just yesterday... Did you have a go at Shadowplay by any chance ?... ( while Shadowplay does record sounds along with video in other sims it doesn't in FSX... atleast AFAIK.... )

Great video and i'd say some great flying as well !

Thanks!

cheers,
    jan
    Jan, thanks for the compliments although not a real Naval Aviator, having received a good bit of tutoring from real ones, I try to stay in parameter in FSX and in this case, I felt like I was riding a bareback & unbroken horse pitching & heaving all over the glideslope! IMO, ugly! Anyhow, at this point I am using the trial version of Bandicam which records the FSX sound in real time and thus far, I did not see any apparent discontinuity between the actual sound versus the video timing. I tried Shadowplay but it would not work since I am using a Radeon HD7770. From all that I have gathered, FRAPS seems to have the best quality video by a slight edge but Bandicam seems to do a good job as well but the best part is, it auto-compresses the video file which isn't so enormous like it would be if recorded by FRAPS. So, I think I am going to go with Bandicam which costs $39 US and use simple free editing tools to trim out the final video. I need to go ahead with TrackIR 5 which will help but also am considering EZDOK which I have seen used with TrackIR 5. Depending on my final research, I will likely buy the latter two at the same time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, Storm! I have a GTX 780 Ti and installed an updated GF Experience along with new drivers. Just for the heck of it i tried Shadowplay and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and easiness to work with it. Bummer that it doesn't seem to want to record FSX engine sound so i'm going to try Bandicam too. (FRAPS doesn't record FSX sound neither, does it ? ) Thanks for the info !

Cheers,
    jan

Cool... thanks for the HU!

For recording, I currently using Dxtory. Used FRAPS for a long time and Bandicam for a short time. Since I'm using a ATI card, Shadowplay is not available.

With FRAPS you should have sound. I also use FSRecorder to record my flights.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

All,

thanks for the appreciation and support, as usual!

Yes there is a small mistake in the aicraft.cfg - the NASA repaint will not show because of a typo in fltsim number - it should be [fltsim.19]

As for the carrier Landing behavior, I am quite happy with it. The FDE in general is believable, IMHO, but could be improved in some areas... but since I was happy with the carrier landing behavior, I preferred not to touch it.

The latest launch bar attachpoints (the ones which went into the 0.99 build) seem to work fine on my machine - I have no launch bar detachments.... but I know this is a tricky thing and may not be the same for other users.
    In any case, the launch bar should not detach if you do not apply power... so you may want to laucnh with throttles at ide and then apply power - not realistic but should work.

Please let me know you thoughts and comments.

Can't download it.... anyone have the file uploaded somewhere else?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Cool... thanks for the HU!For recording, I currently using Dxtory. Used FRAPS for a long time and Bandicam for a short time. Since I'm using a ATI card, Shadowplay is not available.With FRAPS you should have sound. I also use FSRecorder to record my flights.
    Thanks, Ted! See my post in the Dailymotion thread.

cheers,
    jan

Had the same problem this morning, but have tried it again and no problem.

Dino was kind enough to include 3 of my textures in release .99.

I have several more that are available.

If there is interest I will upload them. Please let me know.

Russ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   thumbnail_B.jpg   thumbnail_C.jpg   thumbnail_D.jpg  
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Given that it is not a final release, I have not uploaded the S-3 anywhere else... it is quite a large file (250Mb) hence the Google Drive daily bandwidth limits can be easily overcome.
    Situation will be better in the next few days...

Got it now thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Awesome plane! Thanks again Dino
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post

Russ
    Yes! Yes! Oops I forgot to say please
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Beautiful bird Dino.. I just wanted to mention a few small things

-In the aircraft selection menu, Unlike your aircraft that are categorized by your name, Your S-3 comes up in the unknown list.

-The barometric altimeter and the airspeed indicator (tens place) seem to respond the exact same, no matter if you're climbing, descending or modulating speed.

-The BuNO placard and the number painted on the seat do not match.

Thank you for a beautiful aircraft.. She sounds just like what I remember from my days on the USS Independence and USS Kitty Hawk in the US Navy.

-Damien

Russ
    Russ,
    It would be great to get these lo-viz repaints. Can you please upload them? I am mostly interested in VS-41 in lo-viz.

Keith

Thank you, Dino for the updated S3... like all your aircraft gets better with every update

Russ
    Very nice work mate, awesome schemes

Marvolous aircraft, Dino! Congratulations!! Looking forward to use it as a tanke for the VRS F-18 also (when the tanker is out...).

Tell me, are there blank textures (grey and grey/white without insignia) available for repaints?

Seawing

What kind of perf numbers are people using? What sort of performance and power settings should I use for en route flying? I'm doing FL220 and not very fast...only 335 KTAS with full throttle. (not a very good cruise thrust)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Members who have read this thread: 3