A new Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush is released on French-VFR - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A new Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush is released on French-VFR

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Here's a few pics of Buffalo C-BUFA near Vancouver. Repaint by Greenhopper!

What mesh are you using for BC scenery TuFun?

N.

For TuFun and Lane Street,

Originally Posted by Lane Street Ted, are you using bump maps on the wing?

I ask because I looked at the model in MCX and it appears that the wings and fuselage don't have bumps assigned to the material.

Maybe we could get that in an update?

cheers,
    Lane
    The best person to answer to this question is ... me because I create the Gmax model .
    My last model TiBush has bump textures on the wings and also the fuselage and if you can't see it with MCX ... perhaps it is MCX which has a bug?
    The best evidence is this screenshot of the Gmax model which use 4 textures for the fuselage/wings ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tA1Pp.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	11676

For Vonstroheim

I know Raditor from Arno but it's not a radius problem ... In the v1.0 of the TiBush I have a bug on an animated part of the motor: the scale of this part is'nt 100% so this mistake cause this artefact. I have yet solved this problem in th v1.1 release ... on which I am working last week.

If someone want an explanation on a particulary part: ask me ... I will answer withe a great pleasure

Lagaffe

Lagaffe, just a question - and no pressure on you intended. Are you still planning to release the "stock" version of the C-150 taildragger - the one with normal size wheels and wheel pants?

Thanks VERY much for the superb Tundra version; I'm flying the hell out of it!

Cheers,

N.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    What mesh are you using for BC scenery TuFun?

N.
    I'm using Orbx PNW v.8 scenery.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    For TuFun and Lane Street,

The best person to answer to this question is ... me because I create the Gmax model .
    My last model TiBush has bump textures on the wings and also the fuselage and if you can't see it with MCX ... perhaps it is MCX which has a bug?
    The best evidence is this screenshot of the Gmax model which use 4 textures for the fuselage/wings ...

Name:	tA1Pp.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	11676

If someone want an explanation on a particulary part: ask me ... I will answer withe a great pleasure

Lagaffe
    Thanks Lagaffee, much appreciate the information.

Lagaffe,

When I load the GPS model in MCX and look at the Material Editor I see 2 instances of exterieur_t.dds which means that there are 2 different materials mapped to that texture.

Here the first one that has a bump map assigned to it appears to only be mapped to the light housing on the tail.

Name:	C150_BumpOne.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	11684
    In this second picture we see the bulk of the fuselage does not have a bump map assigned to it.

Name:	C150_BumpTwo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	11685

This appears to be correct as I have not been able to get any changes to the exterieur_t_bump.dds to show up in FSX. In fact, just looking at the fuselage in the sim, it does not look like there is any bump mapping in use.

If you are going to update the model would it be possible to eliminate the specular shine on the cockpit floor?

In my opinion this is very unrealistic and does not look very good.

Name:	C150_BumpThree.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	11686

Thanks for all your hard work on this model, she is a blast to fly.

cheers,
    Lane

Tufun,

Thanks for guiding me to the texture pack.

I have it downloaded, and will install later.

Now I would love to get a repaint of the Era Alaska C150, the one the Tweto's fly. Would be great to recreate some of the series challenging bush flights
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Startup effects I've been working on.

Test-1 P3Dv2

Lovely! Hope it'd made public
    Anneke

"Textures Bump" are located in ...FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C150-K TiBush\texture where all general textures are stored ! And you can find: inside5_t_bump.dds, exterieur_t_bump.dds, wings_t_bump.dds.

In my opinion, the rivets of Tufun are too much ... they are not realistics. The look of the screen is very fine but not real: too much For me ... theses rivets are for a "steam engine" or for the "Titanic"

Lagaffe, just a question - and no pressure on you intended. Are you still planning to release the "stock" version of the C-150 taildragger - the one with normal size wheels and wheel pants?

Thanks VERY much for the superb Tundra version; I'm flying the hell out of it!

Cheers,

N.
    I have yet answer to this question : Yes, I am working on the "stock" and taildragger versions. All modifications that I have found for the TiBush (ADF needle, panel radio functions, panel radio texture 1024, etc) are planned to be implemented in theses two models.

For the moment, I finish the C180-G Hydra ... a hydravion version with a 180 hp engine. I have publish some screenshot !
    Last edited by lagaffe; August 23rd, 2014 at 03:03.

They are a touch... significant, but they bring a certain... artistic quality to the texture. I agree though, smaller and less black would be a touch more realistic for the rivets.

Startup effects I've been working on.

Test-1 P3Dv2
    Sounds a bit boomy when it fires then slow while idling. Got a few thousand with the Lycoming O320 and will never forget that sound. You've now got the prop stopping at the ten and four position which is good.

"Textures Bump" are located in ...FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C150-K TiBush\texture where all general textures are stored ! And you can find: inside5_t_bump.dds, exterieur_t_bump.dds, wings_t_bump.dds.
    I know where to find them.

I am not saying they are not there, I am saying they are not being used by the model.

cheers,
    Lane

"In my opinion, the rivets of Tufun are too much ... they are not realistics. The look of the screen is very fine but not real: too much For me ... theses rivets are for a "steam engine" or for the "Titanic"
    That is true! Not realistic, I knew... so revised. -TuFun

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Sounds a bit boomy when it fires then slow while idling. Got a few thousand with the Lycoming O320 and will never forget that sound. You've now got the prop stopping at the ten and four position which is good.

Just smoke effects is all I've done on my own. No sound was added. The engine sounds are original as with the prop by Lagaffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    They are a touch... significant, but they bring a certain... artistic quality to the texture. I agree though, smaller and less black would be a touch more realistic for the rivets.
    It's fun messing around with textures. I rarely paint or fly for the matter, unless it peeks my interest. Spending more time drifting my (PS3) Supercharged Fairlady Z 370 on the Nürburgring race track. Looking forward to Project CARS when it's released.

Playing with stripes!

Xtra big mudders

Then....there are those all terrain tires. Aviation equivalent to Big Foot.

Ah yes, the bigger tailwheel does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Merci very much Lagaffe for le magnifique Cessna 150K broussard.

Have you heard about Raditor by Arno from FSdevelopper? It's a very usefull utility and it can helps designers to correct the viewing distance from the aircraft, both in the "preview" window or in the regular "spot" view in the sim. Sometimes development tools lack the ability to set this "radius" value properly. More about Raditor in a previous post here.

Maybe 5 is a bit too much, but I like it that way since the 150K is so nice, even from very close!

Will this work with 64 bit? I tried doing it like the example and the C150 was same size. (I used the same number (5) circled in red).

Worked on my W7 64 bit machine. Did you remember to hit the write button?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Worked on my W7 64 bit machine. Did you remember to hit the write button?

Dave
    I sure did...Was there anything else that needed to be done beside change the radius block to a 5?;
    cause the little Cessna in the preview screen was same size.....small.
    I too have same set up as you do. There are values in the bounding box but I left them alone.
    I was using the C150k_Ext_Bush.MDL file

Attachment 11771

A set of Good Years

I put a set of Good Years on mine I may go next with Kumhos or Firestones...what ever is on sale.

Attachment 11772

Buffalo on Good Years

Another Ground shot of my new Good Years.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I tried doing it like the example and the C150 was same size.
    Each time you change a MDL file, you have to restart FSX to see the changes. If you're in a hurry, you can change the aircraft title in arcraft.cfg, this forces a reload of the updated MDL file without restarting FSX... Or wait for V1.1, Lagaffe knows how to fix that for good (merci!).

Members who have read this thread: 7