A new Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush is released on French-VFR - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A new Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush is released on French-VFR

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Tufun,

I just wanted to know why I spend 1 month to make the original textures .... in 2048 resolution ... perhaps my job isn't enought for you ?

Lagaffe
    I have the utmost respect for your work! I withdraw my presentation of the F-TEDD graphics. I'm looking forward to an awesome aircraft being developed further -TuFun

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Fuel burn rates for Cessna 150 with O-200 and O-320 engines

Lagaffe, thanks so very much for letting us know about French-VFR Cessna-150/150, and helping those with problems. The 150/150 is very dear to my heart. My logbook shows that on April 8, 1971, I was checked out in my flying club’s Commuter model 150/150 (General Air flying club at KCCR).

I only fly FS aircraft regularly that are as realistic as possible. A properly designed “damage module” transforms FS aircraft from being a “no consequences” unrealistic game to a genuine simulator. Too bad you can’t simulate the visceral feeling of being pushed back into your seat when making a short-field take-off, especially when flying solo. I had more fun and excitement flying the 150/150 than any other aircraft (except for a KOAK-based DC-3).

I flew my club’s 150/150 regularly for over a year, until I decided to buy my own aircraft. First, I considered buying a 150/150. But, the 150/150 has a short range (2 hours plus a reserve).

Also, when carrying a passenger and full fuel, it has minimal to no baggage capacity, depending on the weight of my passenger. When flying cross-country with my girlfriend, we could only take a light over-night bag od toiletries, with no change of clothing except an extra pair of socks and underwear. This was because I also always carried emergency water, food, a first-aid kit, tie-down kit, and two multi-function emergency tools on all my cross country flights.

Because of the above range and weight limitations, I always flew the club’s C-182 on my occasional long cross-countries. But I could not afford to buy and maintain a C-182. So I had to make a hard but financially practical compromise that I could afford.

I bought a C-150 that had three over-sized tires and a larger heavy-duty front fork that allowed me to fly into rough wilderness grass, dirt ,and gravel strips that I would never dare land the club’s 150/150 with its smaller standard commuter tires. My 100 HP C-150 could carry me, my girlfriend, emergency gear kit, full fuel, and either two backpacks (40-lbs each), or two Gitane 10-speed road bikes (with quick-release hub wheels), for over 3 hours (plus reserve).

When I flight-tested the FSX Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush, I measured the following fuel consumption rate at 3000 feet with standard wx:
    75% power – 6.6 GPH
    65% power – 5.9 GPH
    55 % power – 4.8 GPH

The above fuel burns are close to what I got on my Continental O-200 engine C-150. The following fuel consumption rate is based on the 150 HP Lycoming O-320 operating manual:
    75% 2450 RPM - 10 GPH
    65% 2350 RPM - 8.8 GPH
    55% 2200 RPM - 6.5 GPH

It appears version 1.0 of the Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush still has the Continental O-200 engine’s fuel consumption settings. This is a bit higher than shown in the C-150’s POH, but is close to what I got in my high-time C-150. I have never flown an aircraft that did not burn slightly more fuel per hour than shown in the POH (including the 150/150), so I assume the French VFR got these fuel burns from a real-life C-150 owner.

You and the French VFR team can confirm my performance data by downloading the Continental O-320 manual at:
    http://aeroclub-lehavre.e-monsite.co...r-s-manual.pdf

Lagaffe, please pass this information on the Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush programming team so they can correct the fuel consumption rate in version 1.1.

Also, let them know how much many of us appreciate their hard work in creating a 150/150 that is as realistic as possible in FSX. If I abuse an engine in FSX, I want there to be real-life consequences! That’s how we learn; from our mistakes.

I am looking forward to the future versions of an already great FSX 150/150.

Howard_S
    <!-- attachments -->

Trying to down load the cessna 150

I gave user name and pass word. Still can't down load.

Hi,

I am the French-VFR team manager so thanks for your information.

For the engine specification, I use a PDF named "Cessna 150/Lycoming 0-320-E2D Limited Performance Evaluation from Russel E. ERB Major, USAF Project Flight'Test Engineer and Jean M. Fernand Lt Col, USAF Project Pilot" => http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a320789.pdf

I work on this aircraft sinc Juin 2013. This release was mainly to give a first releasse to my friends of Pilote-Virtuel (http://http:/www.pilote-virtuel.com) who are waiting this aircraft.
    For me it's not yest completed and I have a few things to improve and some ideas that have not been implementedy. My changelog for this project has more than 50 points to solve ...

My Damage Mod (resulting from the works of Ismael Guzël - http://v35bdamagemod.blogspot.com) is a first attempt and a lot of things should be improved.
    I am currently testing on P3Dv2.3 (with the parameter ContentErrorLogging=1) and it appears that some elements of XML code should be corrected so I am trying to treat this.

For example, this Damage Mod did not take into account the oil consumption beyond 3000 trs/mn ... so now if you fly over 3000 trs/mn you will damage the engine less than at 2200 trs/mn !!!
    To correct this error, just 2 XML lines of code are needed ... => v1.1

For the v1.1, I want to add some points as:
    - it will not be possible to add oil if the oil cap is'nt open
    - it will not be possible to start the engine with the motor cap open
    - link the motor cap animation with the roverhault button

I am working also on the 2048 pix paintkit which it's not perfect for me. Tree firend of mine has worked on the first paintkit but a lot of alpha channel will be used directly in the textures. I prefer multiply the numbers of textures in Gmax to have more possibilities on the final appearance in FSX or P3D.

So, I have a lot of work to do ...

Lagaffe

chet twowolves

Read the four lines of documentations which are on my web site above the download link

- You d'ont need to be registred to download something
    - Don't use Chrome which find a malicious download (I have tested my archive with Avast before uplaod) => Firefox works very well !

I think it looks cooler with these type of wheels!

My flight over Corsica Island!

Hi,
    Yes , i think so! Is this repaint avalaible elsewhere?
    Cheers,
    JMC

Ted, it now looks like a fully refined texture set. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    Yes , i think so! Is this repaint avalaible elsewhere?
    Cheers,
    JMC
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Ted, it now looks like a fully refined texture set. Well done.

My imagination hasn't stopped just yet with this one. For now I need to polish the skin further. Plus I have C-TEDD and F-TEDD for the regions I fly in.

I embark on this venture, so as I can create paints to my liking. Look for a new thread on my progress. I will share my artwork with you guys!

Thanks Ted!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

I was just informed about this "Our aircraft are freeware but before any changes or repaint a written request with our agreement is required !

My apologies to Lagaffe. He has an excellent repainters on his staff. -TuFun

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I was just informed about this "Our aircraft are freeware but before any changes or repaint a written request with our agreement is required !

My apologies to Lagaffe. He has an excellent repainters on his staff. -TuFun
    I sure hate to see your creativity that you so willingly donate to the community being stifled like that!

In the Copyright C 150 pdf file that comes with the download states this...

Repeint :
    - Vous êtes libre d'utiliser le "Paintkit" et de repeindre d'autres livrées...
    - You're absolutely free to use this "Paintkit" in order to create your own liveries.
    - Vous êtes libres de distribuer ces textures et seulement ces textures
    sur votre site ou un autre sous réserve que cela soit complètement gratuit.
    - You're free to distribute those textures and ONLY those textures on your own site or other
    only for FREE. NOT for COMMERCIAL use.

This is why assumed it was ok to do the artwork.

Hi,

As I said above in this thread (August 16th)
    I am working also on the 2048 pix paintkit which it's not perfect for me. Tree friends of mine has worked on the first paintkit but a lot of alpha channel will be used directly in the textures. I prefer multiply the numbers of textures in Gmax to have more possibilities on the final appearance in FSX or P3D.
    ... the paintkit isn't finish and not released for the moment so
    1 - you are modify a repaint and not the paintkit of course (do you see the difference)
    2 - if you want work on this repaint you can but I can't assure you that future versions will be compatible.

It's just what I said

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Hi,

As I said above in this thread (August 16th)

1 - you are modify a repaint and not the paintkit of course (do you see the difference)
    2 - if you want work on this repaint you can but I can't assure you that future versions will be compatible.

It's just whath I said
    Ok I understand now, mapping maybe different on future versions. Thanks!

This will be good practice until finalized paintkit. Then finalize the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Ted, are you using bump maps on the wing?

I ask because I looked at the model in MCX and it appears that the wings and fuselage don't have bumps assigned to the material.

Maybe we could get that in an update?

cheers,
    Lane

No bumps/specs on the wings. Although I see bumps/specs on the camo texture set in the French VFR package. I agree with having bumps/specs in the model.

Some minor corrections are needed, but here's another angle...

Here's a few pics of Buffalo C-BUFA near Vancouver. Repaint by Greenhopper!

You have the ability and/or equipment to produce a much more detailed screenshot than me. I have all the authorized paints and none of them looks as detailed as yours. With those oversize main wheel tires, perhaps a larger diameter tail wheel and tire are in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Ted, are you using bump maps on the wing?

I ask because I looked at the model in MCX and it appears that the wings and fuselage don't have bumps assigned to the material.

Maybe we could get that in an update?

cheers,
    Lane
    I just remembered this in a previous post about bumps.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post865170

Tufun,

I love those wheels. And also your texture work.

Don't want to upset the designer of the ac but would love to get the wheels, and your textures when done.,
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

No worries as stated by Lagaffe...

When the official paintkit is available so will the artwork. The original wheels were done by Greenhopper I think, I just enhanced them on F-TEDD.

That's great news.

Looks like it was a mis-communication, possibly due to language difference.

Can Greenhopper's wheel mod be downloaded anywhere?

Btw; Lagaffe, excellent job with this aircraft. I'm lovin' it.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

It's in this package... file toundra_pneu_t.dds

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post899364

Merci very much Lagaffe for le magnifique Cessna 150K broussard.

Have you heard about Raditor by Arno from FSdevelopper? It's a very usefull utility and it can helps designers to correct the viewing distance from the aircraft, both in the "preview" window or in the regular "spot" view in the sim. Sometimes development tools lack the ability to set this "radius" value properly. More about Raditor in a previous post here.

Maybe 5 is a bit too much, but I like it that way since the 150K is so nice, even from very close!

Members who have read this thread: 7