best sevice pack for ETO?

Thread: best sevice pack for ETO?

best sevice pack for ETO?

I am reinstalling my ETO on a win7 64 OS .
    What would be the best service pack to use? Widows XP sp2 or Windows XP sp3 ?

SOH-CM-2023
    Why would you use a Windows XP service pack on a Windows 7 operating system ?? The two operating systems are different.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    I am reinstalling my ETO on a win7 64 OS .
    What would be the best service pack to use? Widows XP sp2 or Windows XP sp3 ?
    I run everything in sp3, not sure about sp2 but sp3 works for sure

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Why would you use a Windows XP service pack on a Windows 7 operating system ?? The two operating systems are different.
    That is exactly why, cfs3 and all the addons dont like running under windows 7. Especially multiplayer will not work unless you run it in sp3. If you want to know why or how check the "sticky's" on sim-outhouse.com and .net. There are instructional video's on how to get everything working the way it should.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means compatibility mode set to XP SP3. I use the same in Win7.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 2