Drag Chute Gauge

Thread: Drag Chute Gauge

Drag Chute Gauge

I am trying to make a drag chute gauge based on the "F2" command key but am not able to get
    the correct simulation variable "(A:THROTTLE LOWER LIMIT, percent)"
    or
    token variable to work. "(>K:THROTTLE_LOWER_LIMIT)"

I've tried other variables based on engine thrust but am striking out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Maybe this helps -
    Code:

(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) 0 < 
    if{ (L:Dragchute, bool) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:Dragchute) } }
    els{ (A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) 2 > 
    if{ (L:Dragchute, bool) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:Dragchute) } } }
    This makes the Dragchute lvar true when the reverser key is pressed aka chute deploys. When you throttle up a bit, the lvar becomes false aka dropping the chute.
    Make sure the aircraft.cfg [GeneralEngineData] min_throttle_limit = -0.05
    You can use the lvar to drive a superflap setting to simulate high drag

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Maybe this helps -
    Code:

(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) 0 < 
    if{ (L:Dragchute, bool) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:Dragchute) } }
    els{ (A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1,percent) 2 > 
    if{ (L:Dragchute, bool) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:Dragchute) } } }
    This makes the Dragchute lvar true when the reverser key is pressed aka chute deploys. When you throttle up a bit, the lvar becomes false aka dropping the chute.
    Make sure the aircraft.cfg [GeneralEngineData] min_throttle_limit = -0.05
    You can use the lvar to drive a superflap setting to simulate high drag
    Thanks. Can you suggest code for an indicator light and a push button to mimic using "F2"..?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks. Can you suggest code for an indicator light and a push button to mimic using "F2"..?
    See attached. Just out of curiosity, why would you want a button to engage the reverser key? When I have my hands full landing the aircraft and try keeping it on the runway, I find it much easier/quicker to hit the F2 key instead of having to reach for a button/clickspot with the mouse...
    Take for example the Milviz F-4E where you have to click the dragchute lever which is on the left side of the seat: People are asking now to have the dragchute controlled by the F2 reverser key as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hschuit; August 1st, 2014 at 03:43.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    See attached. Just out of curiosity, why would you want a button to engage the reverser key? When I have my hands full landing the aircraft and try keeping it on the runway, I find it much easier/quicker to hit the F2 key instead of having to reach for a button/clickspot with the mouse...
    Take for example the Milviz F-4E where you have to click the dragchute lever which is on the left side of the seat: People are asking now to have the dragchute controlled by the F2 reverser key as well.
    Thank you again...! Your code is exactly what I needed.
    My plan is for a small panel that can be used to show most all aircraft animation while exterior to an aircraft, not really to be used for flying. I too
    when in the seat use key commands rather then look and click with my mouse. At first it was going to be a way to take videos of carrier ops, aircraft getting ready and then launching. (wing fold, launch bar, holdback, launch, tail hook) That expanded to open select doors, pilot eject, drag chute, gear, pilot's visor and speed brake.

I look forward to getting the Milviz F-4 when released, she looks great, well done..!

Members who have read this thread: 2