Carenado Seneca V released

Thread: Carenado Seneca V released

Carenado Seneca V released

Hey Guys,

Carenado has finished their Seneca V.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=121

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the hu TJ!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

They really do need to change the pilot and co-pilot figures.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I see their prices going up up up. Now no longer affordable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    I see their prices going up up up.
    +1 These are the same folks who claim to not support the F1 GTN gauges in the future, are not always keen on fixing their errors, yet are getting closer to asking A2A or Real Air prices. Go figure...

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Thanks for the HU. logged a ton of hours in the old FS9 FSD Seneca, will have to check this one out.

Man I feel bad for carenado, every time they release an aircraft it's mostly negativity on the boards, they don't have the systems depth the hardcore users demand and in trying to make them happy, they alienate the old school users, can't win for losing.
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    +1 These are the same folks who claim to not support the F1 GTN gauges in the future, are not always keen on fixing their errors, yet are getting closer to asking A2A or Real Air prices. Go figure...

Greg
    But at least the are consistent in their content and feel it is not necessary to turn out things with bombs and guns as a prerequisite.
    Never had any difficulty with updates or patches and I'll take what they produce with pleasure.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

They fill an important need in the GA space and do it well. Looking forward to their PC-12.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The photo gallery shows a HUD but the text has no mention of it. Does anyone know if it is a working HUD or just eye candy?

Dave

The photo gallery shows a HUD but the text has no mention of it. Does anyone know if it is a working HUD or just eye candy?
    Sieggie,
    I think what you're seeing is actually the windshield hot plate, not a HUD. It's used for windscreen heating/deicing.

I'm actually pretty tempted by this Seneca. I'm more of a 'systems' fan, but Carenado certainly does make some beautiful-looking FSX planes. I'll probably wait it out until I see some reviews....or maybe when the Christmas sales roll around. Not that far away!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post

Dave
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	10801
    http://www.pilotfriend.com/safe/safe...conditions.htm

I have really enjoyed their commander 114 model. And I guess I add reality xp to many models including real air. I am wondering/considering buying a2a accufeel and using it with either carenado's new Seneca or the mirage 350. And of course the commander.

Really donīt care about systems, never wanted them to be even close to real. Never wanted to be a pilot, co-pilot, navigator, flight enginner, etc, etc, years of training...

Carendo products, think they are really very good, quite happy with the ones I own

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I have really enjoyed their commander 114 model. And I guess I add reality xp to many models including real air. I am wondering/considering buying a2a accufeel and using it with either carenado's new Seneca or the mirage 350. And of course the commander.

Accufeel does miracles for Carenado planes, and most of the others in fact. One of the best addons. I recommend it!

By the way, in defence of Carenado, their latest stuff is very nice indeed and they're continuously improving.

Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    ...every time they release an aircraft it's mostly negativity on the boards, they don't have the systems depth the hardcore users demand and in trying to make them happy, they alienate the old school users, can't win for losing.
    While I'll agree that Carenado doesn't have the systems depth to satisfy the hardcore users (all of their glass cockpits punish even the fastest system out there today), for me it goes no further than value. Quite simply, their prices don't bring value to the buyer. This latest offering is within a couple $ of what the Real Air Duke v2.0 costs... the latter hands down offers much better value. The last Carenado products that brought me value were the 337 ($20 at Fry's, then I added all the community tweaks to make it a great add-on) and the 185 ($9 on sale). Carenado's best business move has been Alabeo. Some nice aircraft at good prices (have the 195 and Pipersport and enjoy them both... a little over $40 for the pair).

Having said that, I'm sure some folks will want to jump on the Seneca (and that's OK... we each get to decide how we spend our money).

Cheers,

Greg
    Last edited by lownslo; August 3rd, 2014 at 10:46.
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Video i created for the new Seneca and yes i really Like it!

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Video 2

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

While I'll agree that Carenado doesn't have the systems depth to satisfy the hardcore users (all of their glass cockpits punish even the fastest system out there today), for me it goes no further than value. Quite simply, their prices don't bring value to the buyer. This latest offering is within a couple $ of what the Real Air Duke v2.0 costs... the latter hands down offers much better value. The last Carenado products that brought me value were the 337 ($20 at Fry's, then I added all the community tweaks to make it a great add-on) and the 185 ($9 on sale). Carenado's best business move has been Alabeo. Some nice aircraft at good prices (have the 195 and Pipersport and enjoy them both... a little over $40 for the pair).

Having said that, I'm sure some folks will want to jump on the Seneca (and that's OK... we each get to decide how we spend our money).

Cheers,

Greg
    Greg, I understand and I am glad you placed that last part in your post, because we each have that line that defines what is a "value" for each of us. As a modeler and having done a few aircraft of my own, it is just as much work (lots!) to get to just the basic aircraft on either the Duke or the Seneca, it's all polygons and textures at this point, so I don't compare prices with features. besides with all the sales we have in this community, everything goes on sale sooner or later, LOL.

Your first point it what gets to me. I could care less about glass and don't want the performance hit, I wish they would offer a non glass option, even if unrealistic. Would make me happy as I just enjoy the quality modeling and textures more than the systems. In a perfect world, carenado would produce the model and RealAir would do the systems, LOL.
    Best, Michael

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Cheers,

Greg
    Although I said that Carenado has priced me out of their market, I just want to say their aircraft are great.....not a2a great, but all good. As a senior on fixed income and a wife who watches what I spend, I can afford Alabeo (also great stuff) or wait for a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    In a perfect world, carenado would produce the model and RealAir would do the systems, LOL.
    You can get a fair way down that path of you own and swap in the (Rob Young) fdx files from the Just Flight (Flying Club) Seneca II, into the Carenado Seneca II. May not be perfect, but its a nice combo if you like the earlier Seneca.

Members who have read this thread: 6