I need a joystick!

Thread: I need a joystick!

I need a joystick!

I need a joystick!

I have Oso's old X45 still, but it's losing it's center and it takes up a lot of space. For instance, I have the A10 module and it's an absolute bear trying to fly the thing because for one: it won't stay centered and two: the rudder is a rocker switch on the throttle.

I also have a MS Force Feedback 2, which I adore. It's got a twist rudder and a little throttle in just the right spot. It's also a smaller footprint. However, it's old and the FFB doesn't work anymore as the plug in the base has come unsoldered or something and won't work. Otherwise the stick works great - but have you tried flying a plane with a limp stick (no jokes, please lol)? It's tiring and hurts!

So, aside from grabbing another FFB2 off eBay, what sticks would you suggest? I don't have the budget for the Warthog flight stick or HOTAS from Thrustmaster. I'd prefer something with a throttle on the base rather than separate. And something DURABLE - optical sensors preferred as this FFB2 still doesn't lose it's center. Thanks!

Cybr, it's bigger than you want, my my x52 flight stick with the throttle is quite nice. It was an upgrade over the x45. I haven't used it in years though. Like you, I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder that still works great. I think I loaned it to my friend.
    Intel P7H55-M PRO / PNY XLR8 560 GTX 1GB / 4 X 2GB DDR3 @ 1066mhz / Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 Ghz
    WD Black 640 GB / WD Black 1TB / Ultra 600 Watt PSU
    Ultra Case / 52x CD RD/RW + 24x DL DVD RD/RW

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Cybr, it's bigger than you want, my my x52 flight stick with the throttle is quite nice. It was an upgrade over the x45. I haven't used it in years though. Like you, I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder that still works great. I think I loaned it to my friend.

I wish Saitek would come out with a GOOD force feedback stick. Had one of those Microsoft sticks many years ago, and wished I'd kept it. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0