NASCAR docks Hamlin 75 points, suspends crew chief six races

Thread: NASCAR docks Hamlin 75 points, suspends crew chief six races

Lightbulb NASCAR docks Hamlin 75 points, suspends crew chief six races

"12-1 -- Actions detrimental to stock car racing;"

That would cover anything and everything laid down by NASCAR.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Evidently the firewall plates were rigged so as to allow cabin air pressure to escape, thus allowing the car to have more down force. Carl Edward's former crew chief did a similar thing with a cover plate in the rear of the cabin several years ago, the result was a severe penalty in points, money, and a crew chief suspension.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Lightbulb

Ah the old IROC rule set.....

I don't understand why you cheat when you are already in the Chase. It makes no sense. This stunt could result in Hamlin starting the Chase with the lowest number of points, putting him in the spot for early elimination from the Chase.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I don't understand why you cheat when you are already in the Chase. It makes no sense. This stunt could result in Hamlin starting the Chase with the lowest number of points, putting him in the spot for early elimination from the Chase.
    Was it cheating or was it a grey area that IROC (NASCAR) decided to be cheating?

Funny set of moral standards apply to NASCAR, on one hand Smokey Yunick is revered as a much loved legendary character when in truth he was a crafty 'cheater'.
    Not that it bothers me, he was IMHO a genius at rule bending!!

Today the 'High Priests' hand out draconian penalties for seemingly minor infringements, while even the F1 movers and shakers are letting people get on with 'racing'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I think NASCAR has undergone some radical and ridiculous changes since Brian France was handed the role of CEO and chairman of NASCAR. It may be a generational thing, kids and especially grandchildren who are handed the keys to the family business often do not appreciate or understand what it takes to be successful.

Members who have read this thread: 0