Fairchild 22 Uploaded

Thread: Fairchild 22 Uploaded

Fairchild 22 Uploaded

I uploaded my rendition of this little beauty to flightsim and simviation a few minutes ago; should be there tomorrow.

A couple of months ago I turned the page on my desk airplane calendar and up popped this great little parasol two seater. It said it was a Fairchild 22 of which I was not aware. I googled it and found a lot of info including that it was delivered with both inverted inline engines and radial engines. It was flown solo from the rear seat like most tandems of that era. Pictures of the radial jobs just didn't do it for me but the inline jobs kept calling to me. I realized I wanted to model this plane right now, before I finished the three other projects I had underway, so I did. I never found decent drawings of this model but, fortunately I found a great 3 view of a RC model for it. There were not any discrepancies between the plans and the many photo's I had found so off we went. BTW, it first flew in 1931 which makes it a year older than me.
    This is a native FSX Acceleration model. It has 2048 x 2048 textures in DXT5.dds format. This particular model was delivered with either a Fairchild Ranger engine or a Menasco Pirate engine. I have included a sound file for the Ranger engine by Aaron Swindle which was part of a freeware package for a Fairchild 24 at Simviation. I have included 3 liveries which I found on the web. Two are apparently for the same plane with different owners (same tail number). The VC is based on several photo's I found of the cockpit area. The flight controls are animated. The gauges are mostly default but I added them to one .cab file for convenience. These were strictly VFR aircraft as delivered since I found no evidence of radios or lights in my reference material. I didn't model either, or.

Best, Paul

Good looking bird. Lookin' forward to tomorrow, thanks in advance.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

When it shows..it goes!

.....a beauty!..When it shows up in the downloads..it goes right into my hanger.!

Many thanks in advance.

Walt
    Fly High !..Punch holes in the Sky.!

Thanks Paul, I'm a big fan of parasol wing aircraft. I just like the way they look, and you're right when you say it's a looker. I'm off to go download it.

Charter Member 2015

Icon26

Thank Paul for this lovely plane

Lined up at Tifton Ga.

First use of FSRecorder.

Best, Paul

Blog Entries
    OUTSTANDING Paul!!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Members who have read this thread: 6