No torpedo wake showing up?

Thread: No torpedo wake showing up?

No torpedo wake showing up?

Hi all,

I downloaded the Hudson the other day and now when I go to drop a torpedo, I don't have any wake effects.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Grover,

Are you talking about all torpedo's or just the ones supplied with the Hudson update? did you by any chance use the supplied effects file for ETO? instead of updating your own effects file?

I'm letting the cat out of the bag here, but there is a largish ETO patch being worked on right now with many updates. one of the updates is a revamp of effects for torpedos to allow bouncing bombs (such as the 617 raid in 1943 on the Ruhr dams) this work requires edits to torpedoes in ETO to call on new effects. each torpedo now calls on its effect via the weapon xdp file rather than a generic torpedo effect. this mean the new bouncing bomb (which is actually a torpedo) does not show a wake, rather it shows a series of splashes whilst travelling towards its target.

If you did use the supplied effects then you will need do one of the following:

1 - update your existing ETO effects file with the edits supplied with the Hudson set

2 - wait for a few weeks for the patch to be released. the release patch will already have all the weapon effects inlcuded for the Hudson.

3 - send me your email via a private message and I'll send you the effects file from ETO with the Hudson weapons included.

It was an oversight on my part including an ETO effects file with the new patch edits included, to tell the truth I had forgotten about the torpedo wake edit until your question prompted my memory.

regards Rob.
    Last edited by Capt. Winters; July 31st, 2014 at 01:35. Reason: extra content
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Hi Rob,

You have a PM coming!

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

For everybody who has used the supplied ETO effects file when installing the new Hudson package. you will need these revised torpedo files to be able to see wake's coming off the back. if you applied the effects entries to your own effcts file then you do not need these revised weapons. you do not need these weapons for MAW or Rising sun only ETO.

Just drop them into your ETO weapons folder and allow to overwrite, you will now see torpedo wakes. The torpedo will hit the water with a splash, then run underwater for a bit (no wake) then a wake will appear once the torpedo is running close to the surface again. this effect work is part of Gecko's work on the upcoming ETO patch.

as mentioned in the post above, this problem goes away once the ETO update patch is released.

regards Rob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Members who have read this thread: 2