Akemi's Nick repaints by UncleTgt

Thread: Akemi's Nick repaints by UncleTgt

Akemi's Nick repaints by UncleTgt

More previews/WIP shots

Akemis ki-45 Nick with a suitably war-weary paint job. The first one is 3rd Sentai, Formosa April '45. The second one is 21st Sentai Sumatra, January '45.

BPF fans will know why I chose these two...

The base is Morten's excellent skinpack, I just mixed up some new markings & camo combinations.

Excellent UT. Can't wait to see them in my gun-sight.

Nice job Uncle...to quote a famous CFS2 wingman's line, "Let's go get 'em!", or as the BPF fighter jocks would say, "Tallyho!"

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Great looking paint jobs, but what is BPF?

Question Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    TARPSbird,

British Pacific Fleet?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    ... and with that single question you've justified me hounding DD73 to keep working on his BPF campaigns (and me making all the repaints & kamikaze AI to go with it).

Okinawa ring a bell? The Brits (& the Suwannee CVE group) took turns trying to keep the Jap air reinforcements from transiting out of Formosa & thru the Sakishima Gunto. Every Brit CV was hit by a kamikaze, but stayed on the line...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    .... Every Brit CV was hit by a kamikaze, but stayed on the line...
    Steel decks helped!

Agreed SP Man, but more armour means a smaller air group, & the result of the shock of these hits warping the hull meant they had much shorter useful lives post-war than the Essex class.

Also, the poor state of the Fleet Train & the general lack of war experience with multi-deck, long range carrier ops meant the Brits had a loss rate almost double that of the US groups, so they ran out of offensive punch rather quicker than the Americans when on station.

However I'm still rather proud that we assembled & committed such a force so far from home, after 6 long years at war...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Okinawa ring a bell? The Brits (& the Suwannee CVE group) took turns trying to keep the Jap air reinforcements from transiting out of Formosa & thru the Sakishima Gunto. Every Brit CV was hit by a kamikaze, but stayed on the line...
    UT, thank you for the explanation. A search with keywords "Sakishima Gunto" brought up some interesting photos. The airfield strikes really stirred up a hornet's nest of Kamikazes.

They've been uploaded.

Akemi Ki-45 Nick skins UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: Ki-45 Nick skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for Akemi's ki-45 Nick for CFS 2. They represent war-weary aircraft near the end of the war.

The aircraft are:

21 Sentai, Palembang Sumatra JAN'45 - this unit faced the BPF raids on the oilfields.

3 Sentai, Formosa, APR '45 - this unit provided long range formation leader aircraft for kamikazes trying to reach Okinawa in April '45. It is one of these aircraft that crashed into the large CVE USS Sangamon on 4th May 1945.

I've also attached a dp file with kelti exhaust trails added, english part names & a neutered AI rear gunner.

To install, create a backup of your mz-ki45-h textures. Unzip the download to a temporary folder & copy across your chosen texture files into the texture folder for the mz-ki45-h, letting it overwrite the files there.

OR

Create a copy of your mz-ki45-h aircraft & rename it. Replace the textures with the files included in this zip.

Thanks to:

Akemi for creating a great aircraft

Morton for his excellent texture pack, all I did was to rework the textures back to a plain unmarked skin, then apply some camo & markings.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Akemi Ki-45 Nick skins UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

UncleTgt,

This is outstanding work, thank you so very much!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Cool Yeah!

More beauties from Uncle Tgt's body shop!

Thank you!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Nice Work

Hi UncleTgt
    Nice work (Again)
    I like the wear and tear.
    One of these days I am going to pick your brains on 'wear and tear', 'rust', 'water marks' etc for ships.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 1