Yak-18T?

Thread: Yak-18T?

Yak-18T?

Does anybody know of a decent Yak-18T for FSX? I've recently discovered the aircraft and I've taken quite the liking to it!

Many thanks,

Walter

Swingman did one for FS9. Not sure if it can be brought over to FSX. Worth a try??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I haven't dug deep, but it seems that his Yak-18 is not the T model. The one I'm looking for is this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yak-18t.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	10691

There is one here:
    http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircra...n=download&hl=

You may have to register if you haven't already. I'm checking it out now.

Nice little airplane. . .looks great in P3D_V2.2 but nothing is clickable (same problem as most non-native FSX aircraft). Most likely perfect in FSX though. Enjoy!

Thanks for the help! It is clickable, however, not much works. I have to hold G if I want the gear to stay up, and I have to hold F8 if I want the flaps to stay down. It's a good start, though. Nice exterior model!

I'd really be nice to see a payware model some day!

Many thanks,

Walter

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thanks for the help! It is clickable, however, not much works. I have to hold G if I want the gear to stay up, and I have to hold F8 if I want the flaps to stay down. It's a good start, though. Nice exterior model!

I'd really be nice to see a payware model some day!

Many thanks,

Walter
    The pneumatic system switch has to be on for the gear and flaps to work correctly....... I think...... it's been a while since i flew this model.

I flew this model in FSX a long time ago, but the one I downloaded suffered from gauge problems: some logic was not working properly. The pneumatic system would sometimes refuse to work, and the engine would get on fire after a few seconds of flights (without overheat). In the end, I uninstalled it. The 3D model and the virtual cockpit were extremely nice though. I would love to see such an aircraft in native-FSX format with full P3D compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenog View Post
    The pneumatic system switch has to be on for the gear and flaps to work correctly....... I think...... it's been a while since i flew this model.
    Yes, there is a whole bank of switches that must be activated, for literally every gauge and cockpit function it seems, lol. Anyway, I had no problems at all flying it, making the landing gear, flaps, etc work properly and flew it for over 45 minutes in P3D_V2.2. It would be a nice aircraft to have a fully native FSX version of (maybe even one that works in V2.2??).

This is definitely an aircraft that you have to fly by the book, read the procedures list for the aircraft it goes a long way to making sure everything works right. I have yet to fly the bird in P3d but I remember it being a joy to fly in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by jonraptor View Post
    . . . . .I have yet to fly the bird in P3d but I remember it being a joy to fly in FSX.
    If you have V1.4, it works perfectly, VC is clickable. . . .however in V2.2 all that goes away. It still looks and flies great, but you must rely on the pop-ups to ensure everything is turned on.

Members who have read this thread: 3