SOH-A26 New Models for FS9

Thread: SOH-A26 New Models for FS9

SOH-A26 New Models for FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Aircraft

Description: FS9 A-26B and A-26C Model Additions with New Tire Textures for the FS9 A26-SOH
    (Requires SOH-A26 from Library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...catid=6&id=265 )

Included are:

1) two new models - One A-26B with guns; one A-26C with Guns

2) Two new optional tire tread textures for these models

These models are in addition to your current FS9 A26-SOH model folders.

The new models can be used with any B or C textures you currently have.

For that to work you must do 3 things:

1) Copy the two new model folders to your A26-SOH aircraft folder.

2) Copy the two textures to all your texture folders. (Do not replace your current tiretread.bmp. That is required for the original models)

a) the new textures are named tiretreadnew-diamond.bmp and tiretreadnew-Plus.bmp (To activate one of the tire treads, rename it to "tiretreadnew.bmp" )

3) Change your aircraft.cfg [fltsim] "model=" parameter to call out one of the two new models. (examples: model =a26bw or model=a26cwg )

There are two tread patterns-diamond and Plus. In order to switch between the Diamond or Plus tire textures, you must rename to "tiretreadnew.bmp" to activate it for the new models to recognize the active tread.

These new tread patterns were done by Steve "Duckie" Bryant for the Harpoon and Lodestar series and look good on weathered and faded paint schemes.

Enjoy :-)

Milton Shupe
    July 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SOH-A26 New Models for FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Aircraft

Description: FS9 A-26B and A-26C Model Additions with New Tire Textures for the FS9 A26-SOH
    (Requires SOH-A26 from Library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...catid=6&id=265 )

Included are:

1) two new models - One A-26B with guns; one A-26C with Guns

2) Two new optional tire tread textures for these models

These models are in addition to your current FS9 A26-SOH model folders.

The new models can be used with any B or C textures you currently have.

For that to work you must do 3 things:

1) Copy the two new model folders to your A26-SOH aircraft folder.

2) Copy the two textures to all your texture folders. (Do not replace your current tiretread.bmp. That is required for the original models)

a) the new textures are named tiretreadnew-diamond.bmp and tiretreadnew-Plus.bmp (To activate one of the tire treads, rename it to "tiretreadnew.bmp" )

3) Change your aircraft.cfg [fltsim] "model=" parameter to call out one of the two new models. (examples: model =a26bw or model=a26cwg )

There are two tread patterns-diamond and Plus. In order to switch between the Diamond or Plus tire textures, you must rename to "tiretreadnew.bmp" to activate it for the new models to recognize the active tread.

These new tread patterns were done by Steve "Duckie" Bryant for the Harpoon and Lodestar series and look good on weathered and faded paint schemes.

Enjoy :-)

Milton Shupe
    July 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SOH-A26 New Models for FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Milton sent me a new set of tires last night and I just finished mounting them on my B and C USAAF Camo birds. Just the ++ tread so far, but wow... do they look nice!!! Of course, I had to give them a wash to clean them up, so they would look good on my shiny A-26... and I ended up painting the center hubs red on a second set of wheels for the C model... just because! LOL

Once I get my hands on a "non-specular" model file.. (that is , almost a flat finish), and can do a weathered texture set, I'll dirty up the tires again.
    But for now.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-26c new wheels and tires 3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	10687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-26c new wheels and tires.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	10688

Well, I also had a request to do the "No Guns" versions so I am uploading a "version 2" that includes the B and C without guns. These look great with the diamond shaped treads.

The shiny birds look okay as well with the diamond shaped treads as they are less dirty and darker.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

My reply is a bit late in the day but thanks a lot for the no-guns variants. These birds are magnificent - many thanks!

John

Members who have read this thread: 0