Thread: I Died Today.....

Icon9 I Died Today.....

****WARNING****
    Box of tissues required before reading!

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/20/died...-duke-roberts/

two big boxes!
    Sue

OMG! I think my keyboard is ruined...

maybe he'll meet Bugsy & Mugsy up in doggy Heaven...

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Ugh, that's one of those links I wish I didn't click.

Kudos to the author for so poignantly capturing the beautiful spirit of a loyal and kind pooch. RIP, Duke.

Dogs - they truly are man's best friend....
    -Mark

....Very touching....
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

After seeing this, I thought about saying how it made me remember difficult, painful memories of the sudden death of my Doberman K-9 (Kodiak "Bear" the 1st) but I held off till now. He was the strongest, smartest, bravest, and most loyal Dog I've ever had or known. He once saved my life during an attack from a drunken and knife armed man when he counter-attacked and injured my attacker, then standing over me roaring the most ferocious growls, barks, and display of flashing teeth I've ever seen. In the 26 years since the day I lost him in a tragic accident, my heart simply has never had the room to replace him or his loyalty. Below is a graphic I made from a net photo source of a Doberman who strongly resembles Bear and to me, it symbolizes much in which there are few words....
    Attachment 10693

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    ****WARNING****
    Box of tissues required before reading!

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/20/died...-duke-roberts/
    Sigh, very sad story.... 3 Big Boxes
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

They break your heart when they have to leave you. Miss you Max. Max in the Chilliwack River shortly before his demise.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Heartbreaking.... As a Dog Daddy myself, I certainly can relate to this story - very sad indeed!

Yeah....we had to put our beloved black Lab Indie down on 13 June...the house isn't a home anymore-- we miss her terribly.

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 8