FSX Vampire Question

Thread: FSX Vampire Question

FSX Vampire Question

Hello all!

I've downloaded Alex James' RAAF and RNZAF textures from flightsim.com. What Vampire do they "fit"? They say for Rob Richardson's Vamps BUT Alex's textures have rounded tips and Rob's are square. Also, CFG refers to a model not represented by Rob's downloads.

I like the rounded tips...can I use them? How?

Thanks!!

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

FSX RNZAF DeHavilland Vampire NZ5757.
    Texture by Alex James for Classic British Files DeHavilland Vampire.

FSX RNZAF DeHavilland Vampire NZ5757 - Display.
    Texture by Alex James for Classic British Files DeHavilland Vampire.

It pays to read the fine print.

The Rob Richardson 'De Havilland DH.100 Vampire F.Mk3' has round wingtips, so you could use the single RAAF repaint by Alex James on that.
    Good luck finding the CBF versions.

A late PS: Attempted to load the RAAF repaint into Rob's F.Mk3, failed!
    Bugger!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The Vampire F3 ( rounded wingtips ) is available in the "jet downloads" section at www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk
    It has been updated since the CBF model with new texture mapping to allow for camouflage schemes.
    "Classic British Files" no longer exist, as far as I'm aware.

Rob Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    "Classic British Files" no longer exist, as far as I'm aware.

Rob Richardson
    BritSim is currently offline for a rebuild.
    Over the past few years the site has been victim to numerous hacking attempts and has on occasion been taken offline by them.
    The software that the site uses as a base is an open source CMS and is now very outdated and is no longer supported.
    To prevent the recent slow performance and to prevent these attacks from happening again I have decided to use another system as the sites base.
    This is likely to take a lot of work and with a full time job won't be an easy task.
    Keep an eye on the site for updates. I shall post them as and when available.

Rob
    29/5/14

Classic British Flight Sim is still active, with forum posts as recent as this morning.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

"Classic British Flight Sim" and "Classic British Files", now called "Britsim", are 2 separate sites and are not connected.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Just didn't remember the F.3 having the same rounded tips as the F.1.

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Blog Entries
    I have to say Marc, you do suit a bikini

Ian

Marc, I created a Vampire FB5 paint for NZ5757 in 2012 and uploaded it to BritSim, which is currently out of action. I have just revised the painting of the incorrect engine compartment catches and re-issued the paint. It has just been uploaded to FlightSim.com and hopefully will be available tomorrow. Hopefully this will help you out. Feel free to throw it on to the F3 if you feel that way inclined!
    I did not paint an Aussie F30 because I could find no decent reference for colours and markings.
    Come to think of it, I really ought to revise and re-issue all my Vampire F3 and FB5/9 paints (there are over twenty of them) and upload those too.

cheers, Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3163216.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I have to say Marc, you do suit a bikini

Ian
    Yeah, isn't she stunning?

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Marc, I created a Vampire FB5 paint for NZ5757 in 2012 and uploaded it to BritSim, which is currently out of action. I have just revised the painting of the incorrect engine compartment catches and re-issued the paint. It has just been uploaded to FlightSim.com and hopefully will be available tomorrow. Hopefully this will help you out. Feel free to throw it on to the F3 if you feel that way inclined!
    I did not paint an Aussie F30 because I could find no decent reference for colours and markings.
    Come to think of it, I really ought to revise and re-issue all my Vampire F3 and FB5/9 paints (there are over twenty of them) and upload those too.

cheers, Peter
    Vampires are like Canberras...you simply cannot have too many!

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

I was advised that I needed to change my avatar. Please know I have done so willingly.

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

A couple more Vampires uploaded to FlightSim.com - Canadian aerobatic team 'The Blue Devils' F3 and a RAF FB9 of 213 Squadron, based in Egypt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6357415.jpg   3975638.jpg  

Back in December 2014, Rob Richardson uploaded a WIP screenshot of a two-seater Vampire, the DH Venom NF2 night fighter. It looked really promising, but no trace of it today, on Robs's website... What a pitty...

Peter's paint NZ5757 .. I had my face inches away from that very Vampire hanging in the RNZAFs Wigram Muesum , was a little damaged after the earthquakes here , they are not going to fix , kept the little bump damage as a souvenir ... weird this also come up as its the subject of my latest painting

Members who have read this thread: 3