Some new screenshots of VS SPAD

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Blog Entries

They were notified of the backwards 2.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    A couple of Statics in the works for the air Strip.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    The plane looks absolutely gorgeous. Two questions:
    - Will it be TacPac-enabled?
    - Will we be able to remove the gun on the upper wing?

Blog Entries
    That I could not tell you.....
    You would have to ask ADMIN at VS that question.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Aha, thanks, Trucker.

Blog Entries
    No problem

Nice ones!
    Trucker, could you also suggest the Devs to include two models: one without upper Lewis gun (and mags in the cockpit) and second with the machinegun, please ? The version without Lewis gun was much more popular, the one which is in game was pretty rare, used mostly by the RFC. I have also noticed that the plane has British gauges in the cockpit. That would be great for the Brit version with the Lewis gun, but for the original model, the better solution would be to install French ones. Just a suggestion, as the plane is still in the development. Please post that to VS as well.
    A must have for me. I am going to create a few ones for this baby
    Btw: the Polish scheme should use brighter canvas color, something like cream or beige. There are few photos of it and the canvas was not that dark.

Lucas

Blog Entries
    Thanks Lucas.
    All I can do is pass that information along. Where they take it from their, I don't know.
    Craig.

That Lewis gun will be a deal breaker for me.
    Few, if any, were fitted to operational RFC versions, that aside, the mounting depicted is a fixed type as used on Nieuports, not a Foster mounting.
    I expect the crew at VS have a reason for including the Lewis but I'd really ask them to make it an option.

Going back through 40+/- years of 'Cross&Cockade', some 20 years or so of 'Windsock' publications and assorted WW.I publications I (just me, myself) can't find ANY SPAD, be it the VII, XII, or XIII configured this way.

Better to do the job correctly before development is too far advanced.
    Love the aircraft but not going to buy an incorrect version .......
    Shame about that.

Just a small point, the 'French Yellow/Beige/ Whatever' shade is variable, one description of the finish applied is a 'Yellow dope with an Aluminum filler powder', another references a 'Light Beige' dope overall.
    Aircraft finishes of WW.I...........................an great guessing game!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

lol

lol, from what I can tell, the guy posting the screenshots is not affiliated to vertigo studios, I could be wrong though.

The only thing Trucker is doing is showing his interest for the Spad 7. If you have grief with the model I guess the best thing to do is email the guys at vertigo studios. Wombat seeing as your an administrator don't you think its best to contact vertigo studios instead of picking fault with an aircraft that is'nt released as yet. I thought SOH was stamping down on tongue in cheek posts to stop threads descending into a flamer ?

If you don't like the aircraft don't buy it. But why pull it down when its not released ?

lol, no doubt this post will now end up being locked.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    That Lewis gun will be a deal breaker for me.
    Few, if any, were fitted to operational RFC versions, that aside, the mounting depicted is a fixed type as used on Nieuports, not a Foster mounting.
    I expect the crew at VS have a reason for including the Lewis but I'd really ask them to make it an option.

Going back through 40+/- years of 'Cross&Cockade', some 20 years or so of 'Windsock' publications and assorted WW.I publications I (just me, myself) can't find ANY SPAD, be it the VII, XII, or XIII configured this way.

Better to do the job correctly before development is too far advanced.
    Love the aircraft but not going to buy an incorrect version .......
    Shame about that.

Just a small point, the 'French Yellow/Beige/ Whatever' shade is variable, one description of the finish applied is a 'Yellow dope with an Aluminum filler powder', another references a 'Light Beige' dope overall.
    Aircraft finishes of WW.I...........................an great guessing game!!

'Constructive Criticism' is not picking a new and as yet unfinished release apart.
    In this case I'm hoping that the information I've posted will give us the correct aircraft, and I've already pointed out that I (just me, myself) like the subject choice but would not ante up for one I felt was not quite right.
    Hardly picking fault for the Hell of it.
    And that is 'Former Administrator' for your information .........

"Wombat seeing as your an administrator don't you think its best to contact vertigo studios instead of picking fault with an aircraft that isn't released as yet.
    I thought SOH was stamping down on tongue in cheek posts to stop threads descending into a flamer ?
    If you don't like the aircraft don't buy it. But why pull it down when its not released ?"

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

lol, So why would the information correct the model when vertigo have no knowledge of it ? They've not released a statement saying that a few minor alterations to the model are in progress ?

Constructive Criticism which is being aimed at other users that use the forums, which are not directed at vertigo. nit picking it is that.

Instead of blowing ones own trumpet, I know this I know that.. tell the guys that are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    'Constructive Criticism' is not picking a new and as yet unfinished release apart.
    In this case I'm hoping that the information I've posted will give us the correct aircraft, and I've already pointed out that I (just me, myself) like the subject choice but would not ante up for one I felt was not quite right.
    Hardly picking fault for the Hell of it.
    And that is 'Former Administrator' for your information .........

"Wombat seeing as your an administrator don't you think its best to contact vertigo studios instead of picking fault with an aircraft that isn't released as yet.
    I thought SOH was stamping down on tongue in cheek posts to stop threads descending into a flamer ?
    If you don't like the aircraft don't buy it. But why pull it down when its not released ?"

Criticism is criticism... everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nobody here has slated something without reason. Every comment here has made a point with a logical reason.

As soon as someone says 'Oh that's crap because.... its crap' Then lay into them.

yep and I'm entitled to mine also so there we have it.

Charter Member 2012
    Source: Wind-Sock Datafiles on Spad VII C.1

Quote Originally Posted by 3wfr View Post
    yep and I'm entitled to mine also so there we have it.
    You have a right to an opinion, not to be a pedant.

I'll do as I like, everyone else seems to.

Those images posted are interesting. Maybe they've been photo-chopped ?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    Source: Wind-Sock Datafiles on Spad VII C.1

I'm almost certain (without checking) these are local fittings, possibly RNAS, certainly A9100 was tested at Ordforness with the upper wing mounting.
    Once again, these are RFC or RNAS aircraft, not Aéronautique Militaire equipment.

I've flown Rise of Flight a few times, and they also have a wing mounted gun with the same mounting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	10676

Charter Member 2012
    I'm 100% sure that no-one said that the over the wing Lewis was a standard factory fit, It was a field modification taken up, 2 versions originally designed by 30 Squadron's CO Major Hereward de Havilland (brother of Sir Geoffrey) and test pilot for De Havilland.

Just like the holes cut into the fwd cowling on earlier models (150hp variants) to improve the radiators air flow.

Blog Entries
    A new screenshot of the work on the static aircraft and hangers.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed!

Put it this way... it flies very nicely

Members who have read this thread: 3