SOH A-26 Invader, new 'glass' texture (FS9).zip

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, new 'glass' texture (FS9).zip

SOH A-26 Invader, new 'glass' texture (FS9).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Skins

Description: This is a rework of the original glass texture for the SOH A-26 Invader for FS9. This texture is NOT for the FSX version of the aircraft!!!

A VERY popular aircraft download! If you don't have it, go give her a look in the 'What's hot' section.
    A-26 Invader for FS2004/FS9 - Auto Installer Vers.
    A-26 Invader for FS2004/FS9 - Manual Installation

I found on my laptop screen, with my settings, the nose glass was all but invisible and therefore not very attractive. So, I reworked the texture file to make the glass more visible, while still remaining transparent, both when viewed from the outside, or inside the aircraft. The difference I experienced is quite apparent when the two screenshots are compared! If you are having an issue, this might work for you too. I've only tested this on my Toshiba Qosmio with an Nvidia GeForce 330M, so results on other systems may vary.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SOH A-26 Invader, new 'glass' texture (FS9).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to try this out asap! I never used the glass nose model because of this.

Sascha

Tried it and does it make a difference! Good stuff!

Bushi, could you be persuaded to release that repaint too?

Cheers,
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post

Cheers,
    Sascha
    Glad the glass texture works for you!

As for my 'repaint'. I did this one before I found the paint kit, so it's basically an extensive rework of Bomber_12's 3rd bomb group texture in the original download pack. I did quite a bit of work on it to get the desired effect, including redoing the interior surfaces in zinc chromate yellow and ANA interior green. (there were more permutations to these interior colours and the debate could go on for days... so don't get me started!! LOL)

Anyway, I have the paint kit now, but will try and contact the original artist and get permission to upload his 'altered' textures before I resort to a full on repaint using the paint kit.

I will probably end up doing just that, but don't have the time to invest right now.

I'll keep you posted. PS... the fuselage codes are from an A-26 unit, but not sure if this aircraft was ever in camo... , (by the time they were delivered, most European A-26's were natural metal as the need for camouflage was diminishing) and the tail numbers I used are not representative of the particular aircraft associated with the codes E6-S. As I said, I just redid it for my own use. :-)

With the nice sheen, she looks more like a restored warbird anyway. LOL
    Cheers
    Dave

Well, I'm looking forward to this one ...

Well, I'm looking forward to this one ...
    I have the original artist's blessing, and will be putting a download of this paint together this week. Might even be tomorrow, my schedule permitting! It will be a full new texture set... exterior in OD / NG camouflage, and the interior and wheel wells / doors in zinc chromate yellow and 'cockpit' green. My new glass texture will be in there too...obviously... LOL Two versions will be included, both the A-26B. and the A-26C. With the framing around the nose plexiglass on the C, and the gun bay doors on the B model, two different fuselage texture files are needed.
    Cheers
    Dave

Cheers,
    Sascha
    Sascha, I put together a .zip with the textures for both the gun nose and glass nosed airplanes with my repaint today and just uploaded it. Should be available shortly.
    Cheers
    Dave

Dave, kudos to you for reviving this wonderful plane!

Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 0