Lockheed Hudson package released. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockheed Hudson package released.

Trial and error brings me to the following conclusion: If you fly around 1750-1800 ft you will get the best effects for these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot07-29-14-15-06-44.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	10728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot07-29-14-15-08-52.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	10729

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yes, rechecked all of this in my Win 7 machine, seems to look good when down low( 1500ft. to 2000ft.) as Master GOSD said.
    But again one wouldn't be at 20k dropping these I don't think.
    Would be hard to hit a drop zone ..

Oh how much Mead can I pack into one of these??

Thanks to ALL who built this beautiful set of Birds..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Containers 001.jpg   Crates 001.jpg   Crates 002.jpg  

Thanx Rob, nicely done! Youve done more with this model than I though possible.

also I will put in my thank you to John for the textures(beautiful!), Ted for airfiles, Dave Carroll and Paul Straney for the fs/cfs2 model and I think Tom even had a hand in it

and a thank you to the beta testers

Oh, I always forget to give credit to Arno Gerretsen for his modelconverterx program which makes this type of conversion possible.

Steve

Members +
    Nice.. will this work in FS9?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Nice.. will this work in FS9?
    no, this won't work in FS9.

you could try this one for cfs2: http://www.virtualwings.org/hudson/r.htm you may have to make some changes for it to work. I don't have fs9 so I am not sure what's involved

Steve, in your work on this aircraft, did you encounter any information on the long range tanks installed on some models? From what I've found, there was a 250 US Gal tank in the bomb bay and a 134 US Gal tank in rear fuselage somewhere around the ventral gun position. Do you know if these were used in combat? It would seem that the bomb bay tank would preclude carrying much bomb load, if any, as it would weigh in at 1,500lbs and the fuselage tank might prevent the use of some of the rear guns? Just wondering.

Thank you so much for this aircraft! Just flew a couple of circuits tonight.

Wonderful job done on this.

One question, this question is from my lack of knowledge of engines. uring my flight the engines sounded like a bag of spanners thrown into a washing machine! Were my engine settings wrong? Or is this how they should sound?

Thanks again for giving us the Hudson.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Steve, in your work on this aircraft, did you encounter any information on the long range tanks installed on some models? From what I've found, there was a 250 US Gal tank in the bomb bay and a 134 US Gal tank in rear fuselage somewhere around the ventral gun position. Do you know if these were used in combat? It would seem that the bomb bay tank would preclude carrying much bomb load, if any, as it would weigh in at 1,500lbs and the fuselage tank might prevent the use of some of the rear guns? Just wondering.
    Hi Daniel, the long range tanks were used for ferry flights and by the transport command when moving people from Med/Nth Africa to England and back. at one point they had a small airline service set up with regular scheduled flights. I vaguely remember reading about some CC planes with the long range tanks for extended recon patrols in the Nth Atlantic and up and down the Norwegian coast out of Ice Land.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

I have just been informed by one of the testers that the download package is missing one weapon. If you select the M24 torpedo loadout in MAW the game willl crash.

You need to copy the "ETO_mk24" weapon from your ETO or Rising Sun install and place it into the weapons folder in your MAW install that will fix the issue. I will organise for a replacement Hudson set to be uploaded with the M24 torpedo included.

sorry for any inconveniance,

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks very Much Rob..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Daniel, the long range tanks were used for ferry flights and by the transport command when moving people from Med/Nth Africa to England and back. at one point they had a small airline service set up with regular scheduled flights. I vaguely remember reading about some CC planes with the long range tanks for extended recon patrols in the Nth Atlantic and up and down the Norwegian coast out of Ice Land.

regards Rob.
    I know there were a couple versions designated (LR) -long range the were equipped with them and it seems most of the later models had them, or could have them as well. What you say about their use makes sense, it's so hard to piece together the finer details of what it was really like to operate these aircraft, but always worth it.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your great work on this!

Blog Entries

Thanks very Much RobIt's worken like a charm
    CHEERS

I finally found the time to start again CFS3 and look at this new aircraft. I flew the MkV of n°48 squadron in an anti-sub patrol in bad wheather codition during the autumn of 1942. All I can say is: wow! It's a real beauty, lots a details, thanks very much.

Now, I'm looking forward to have a try with the MkIV of n°2 Air Ambulance unit in the PTO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Members who have read this thread: 9