FSDG2 Wildcat

Thread: FSDG2 Wildcat

FSDG2 Wildcat

I dragged her out of one of my hangars this afternoon and I'm wondering: Will any/all of the beautiful CFS2 skins that have been created and posted recently work on the FS9 version of the model? I'm especially interested in the aircraft embarked on Suwanee class CVEs during WWII. A little help please!

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Andersel,

I believe they will, though I'm assuming the texture mapping is the same for the FS9 version.

You might need a different prop disk bitmap, it may be too transparent, but the rest should be OK.

I created them as 565 bmps, no MIPS. Should be FS9 friendly

Solobo,

I'm pretty sure he means the FDG2 model, especially given the reference to USS Suwanee skins

So I fired up my vanilla FS9 install to try it out - turns out they kinda fit:

You'll need to rename F4F4_t to F4F3_t for the -4 a/c, & you'll find the gunsmoke doesn't line up properly (but it does on the CFS2 model)

but the -3 model fits better, but still not without issues - at the wing leading edges for instance. The blade bitmaps can be used, but they're too narrow near the cuff.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the Base Pack airplane for these liveries would be?

Thanks!

Alan

FDG2 F4F Wildcat (Donationware) Available at SOH

I did a series of repaints for the CFS2 version, including skins for the Suwannee class CVEs

Members who have read this thread: 2