Pilot Kill

Thread: Pilot Kill

Pilot Kill

I've noticed "Pilot Kill" in two different formats in the DP file. Some Aircraft have it set up as

effect.0=15,LIBRARY,fx_pilwound,
    effect.1=60,LIBRARY,fx_pilwound,
    effect.2=95,LIBRARY,fx_pilkill,
    effect.3=100,DEATH,,

And other Aircraft have it set up as

effect.0=30,LIBRARY,fx_pilwound,
    effect.1=60,LIBRARY,fx_pilwound,
    effect.2=95,LIBRARY,fx_pilkill,
    effect.3=100,DEATH,,

The only difference I see is of course the 1st line. One has 15 and the other 30. Just out of curiosity and so I can educate myself can anyone tell me how will the effect differ from one over the other?
    Thanks

I came across this and I believe it answers my question.

http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/DP_Effects.htm

SOH-CM-2023
    I have never seen anything associated with the effect named BLOOD. Are we supposed to get red splashed on the monitor to indicate bleeding ?? Anybody have any ideas here ??

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I have never seen anything associated with the effect named BLOOD. Are we supposed to get red splashed on the monitor to indicate bleeding ?? Anybody have any ideas here ??
    Attachment 10315 I came across this effect and experimented with it in my DP file and was hoping to get blood spray on my windscreen when I got hit but no luck. Maybe I didn't have it set up correctly. Any body know how or have heard of it?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    Attachment 10315 I came across this effect and experimented with it in my DP file and was hoping to get blood spray on my windscreen when I got hit but no luck. Maybe I didn't have it set up correctly. Any body know how or have heard of it?
    Thanks for the file; I was not aware of its existence. Perhaps I have to experiment with the numbers that are suffixes to the effects file name as was explained in the website you referenced. But let's wait and see if anyone else pops up with any comments to enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Thanks for the file; I was not aware of its existence. Perhaps I have to experiment with the numbers that are suffixes to the effects file name as was explained in the website you referenced. But let's wait and see if anyone else pops up with any comments to enlighten us.
    You're very welcome. Yeah, I would love to see if anyone knows how to set it up in the aircraft dp file effects section so it triggers and we can see what it does.

I ran across this and it appears that the bloodspray effect has to do with the Japanese soldier and not an aircraft. The effect is in the download for the soldier.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...17&linkid=5920

It doesn't work like that. That's another sim you're thinking of. In CFS2 this is non-existent even with the bloodspray fx included in the player aircraft's DP. In fact, even when applied to ground soldier figures and included in the DP's of AI aircraft, you'll never see it in effect as the player inflicting the damage at a distance from the targets.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    It doesn't work like that. That's another sim you're thinking of. In CFS2 this is non-existent even with the bloodspray fx included in the player aircraft's DP. In fact, even when applied to ground soldier figures and included in the DP's of AI aircraft, you'll never see it in effect as the player inflicting the damage at a distance from the targets.
    Thanks bearcat. I understand now. Too bad though, it would of been kind of a neat (and gruesome) (LOL) effect when your pilot got hits inflicted on him. Would of gone rather well with the pilot kill sound effects. Thanks again.

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks bearcat. I understand now. Too bad though, it would of been kind of a neat (and gruesome) (LOL) effect when your pilot got hits inflicted on him. Would of gone rather well with the pilot kill sound effects. Thanks again.
    I agree with you, kwb. But Thanks, bearcat.

Members who have read this thread: 0