Does a 72-year-old driver diminish sport of NASCAR? (VIDEO)?

Thread: Does a 72-year-old driver diminish sport of NASCAR? (VIDEO)?

Icon5 Does a 72-year-old driver diminish sport of NASCAR? (VIDEO)?

I suppose it is a valid question, but along the same vein, should does a 22 year-old driver diminish the sport? Let's face it, there are some young drivers, both race car drivers and street drivers, that lack experience, skill, and maturity. Perhaps the better question would be does a car 16 laps down need to be racing against the leaders?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Morgan stayed out for his own enjoyment, and to keep his owners and sponsors happy. Seems as long as he meets all the requirements that should do it. The young and aggressive drivers cause far more wrecks than the old dudes, perhaps a minimum age of about 30 is needed.

ORRRR,send the whiny upstarts like Lagano to anger management ,or send him to a girls finishing school,......bottom line..he needs to respect all the drivers around him,not just the front runners or the stars,even the start'n'parkers do what they do for the money,the back runners are in fact just as good as anyone else...meaning..they were,at one time champions in the sport,as far as Shepard still running at 72,,,he passed all the pre-season tests,so he has as much riht to be on the track as lagano or ...oh do i dare say it..................JR

You dare not say it!!! You get caught and Jr nation may haul out the tar and feathers.

Hey All,

Y'all think the winner of the 2014 Daytona 500 has any business on a NASCAR track? Morgan has earned and works to maintain the right to drive. Good on him.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

I wouldn't make a big deal out of this. Back markers, particularly habitual ones are frustrating when they impede those racing for the win. Things get said in the heat of the moment that should be kept in context.
    It is the nature of the competitive spirit, I would imagine Morgan would have felt the same way back in his heyday.

One thing about Morgan...he didn't "start n' park"....

One of the original 'Kangaroo Stable' drivers from the early 1950's was a thorough gentleman by the name of Tom Sulman.
    He was part of a team made up of Antipodean 'Gentlemen Drivers' who traveled to Europe and raced everywhere, surviving on starting money and generally filling out the grids.
    Without them and a large number of similar enthusiasts the fields would have been very sparse.
    Tommy raced in Australia for decades up to his death at the age of 80+, always a Gentleman and a true 'Ornament to the Sport'.
    Morgan Shepherd has every right to race for as long as he wishes, provided he retains good health and meets the medical standards required.
    He's earned it.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Seems like we can conclude that there probably won't be anymore comments from Logano on this....

Members who have read this thread: 0