And While I'm at it ... RAZBAM ... SB2C?????

Thread: And While I'm at it ... RAZBAM ... SB2C?????

And While I'm at it ... RAZBAM ... SB2C?????

Since I'm on a roll ... I'll throw this one out as well.

Guys ... just politely asking: What's the hold-up???

The last I heard they had lost the modeler for the VC. That was several months ago.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kestell View Post
    Since I'm on a roll ... I'll throw this one out as well.

Guys ... just politely asking: What's the hold-up???
    Most probably other stuff going on.

Hold your horses, you've got enough other toys to play with in the meantime.

Charter Member 09
    It's now been almost eight years since I gave Razbam all my SB2C stuff, He said it might take 6 months. That's when I was young, only 78 years old. My sight was good as well as my hearing. Now I have Macular Degenertion and can only see 20% out of one eye and 40% out of the other. I now wear hearing aids. They may as well be ornaments for all the good they do.
    I wish all the success with Razbam's Helldiver. But sadly, it's a bit too late for me.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Helldiver, I feel your pain. I had similar high hopes for a certain Century Fighter which I suspect may never be released but most certainly released long after I'm gone from Flightsim. Eight years ago, had they gotten right to your SB2C they may have actually had it close to completion in 6 months, but now it takes that long or longer before one even sees the exterior model without texturing, lol. Unfortunately priorities change and seem to change quite often even during a current project which can suddenly find itself shelved to jump on one that is deemed to have better marketability. It is the nature of the hobby that if a developer has a connection or a deep interest in a particular aircraft they will migrate to that rather than labor over something that seems tedious and uninteresting. Work will always progress much faster and be of a better quality when it's something you love or have a connection with. Not saying that's the reason for the long wait in your case mind you, but that can be a factor for some.

It'd simply be nice to hear from Razbam if the SB2C is still even under development or not.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Said it before "It would appear that the 'preview' postings from certain developers are more to gauge consumer interest rather than a commitment to production.
    Note I say 'certain developers', generally the ones who announce a product do so shortly before release.
    The equivalent of chumming the water in fishing terms ......."
    Said it again.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Said it before "It would appear that the 'preview' postings from certain developers are more to gauge consumer interest rather than a commitment to production.
    Note I say 'certain developers', generally the ones who announce a product do so shortly before release.
    Said it again.
    I must agree. Some developers seem to post previews, but the project takes years to complete. Some developers post previews shortly before the release. Some developers post previews, then go silent and the project goes cold.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Said it again.
    Can I repost my reply from the last thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I must agree. Some developers seem to post previews, but the project takes years to complete. Some developers post previews shortly before the release. Some developers post previews, then go silent and the project goes cold.
    I think in some cases they do it to try and stake a claim on that subject. At one time a particular developer was saying they had one in the works for just about anything that was mentioned.

My hat is off to Milviz for jumping forward with their F-4 project while we all wait years for another group to make their own.

Is there an FS2004 SBC2 the community can convert to FSX for Helldiver?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I think in some cases they do it to try and stake a claim on that subject. At one time a particular developer was saying they had one in the works for just about anything that was mentioned.

My hat is off to Milviz for jumping forward with their F-4 project while we all wait years for another group to make their own.

Is there an FS2004 SBC2 the community can convert to FSX for Helldiver?
    Simviation.com has a portover:

48.12Mb (3254 downloads)
    Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver, updated for FSX-Acceleration. All credits go to Wolfgang "Wolfi" Faber (see the original readme!). 2 Models, 5 liveries. Working VC, all necessary gauges included. Wings fold, divebrakes work together with the bombbay-doors, tailhook comes out, cowlflaps work and rear cockpit closes. Gun-effects for fun. Enjoy!
    Posted Nov 1, 2012 19:29 by erik hertzberger

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-28

Members who have read this thread: 4