AS RF101C Voodoo panel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AS RF101C Voodoo panel

Sigh....the eternal quest...good panel pics...now the Crusader is being recalcitrant...
    Got info on 'what' gauges and where...but not a good square-on [or close to] photo...

Having a go at a different tack...
    This is what happens when you start with a 1680 F105 Thud panel and add the F8 one to it.....gauges are still for 1024...but this trick means I 'might' be able to use my existing opening Thud canopy and mirrors, reflections, etc.....though I'd need to put the canopy pull-handle on the canopy...not the screen...

Might be better to just find a better image and do it all from scratch ...like the others...

Attachment 10462

Got the folded map of Vietnam already though...

I went another way....had a low-res but fairly square-on photo...with a bit of swearing...including re-attaching some of the bezels...it might work OK...

....obviously early days...still gotta get some better-matched gauges....

Attachment 10675 ...and turn the radar housing into a mask....and make the surrounds less 105 and more 8 ...

The advantage of adapting the 105.... I now have mirrors, canopy and even reflected mirrors all functioning as with my 105... and the first mask is done sothe gauges look 'inserted'.
    More to do...gotta get a better ATT and pull the bezel off the RALT...

Attachment 10692 ....and put one around the radar....

Blog Entries

Excellent work... great addition...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The advantage of adapting the 105.... I now have mirrors, canopy and even reflected mirrors all functioning as with my 105... and the first mask is done sothe gauges look 'inserted'.
    More to do...gotta get a better ATT and pull the bezel off the RALT...

Attachment 10692 ....and put one around the radar....

A quality looking panel.... Compliments!

G.

Mostly happy with the gauges...now for the warning lights...currently roughed-in...

Attachment 10737

Then to cleanup the panel under the ATT and pop in the stick...

Lights as close to original functions/locations as poss. Did a new set of Gear indicators to match correct locations. Stick's in...it's a Thud one...till I find a good F8 one to use...Now gotta relocate the knob for the ILS...and improve the sides....[never ends]...

Attachment 10747....and the canopy eject handle....and the screen and gauge glass....and switches...probably need a few of those....

Blog Entries
    Darn you Jafo ... bad enough that I had to ignore these lovely 2d panels on the Phantom and Voodoo (they're streteched on my 4:3 screen), but how am I going to ignore it on this lovely beauty?

You're really pushing me to buy a widescreen format monitor, aren't you? If my kids can't eat next month, it's on you, mate!

Seriously - lovely work. Hope you can do something with the VC texturing - the canopy rails are now a bit dated. This is a lovely bird, looking forward to what you can do with it.

BTW, for the newbs, the AS/V F-8 model in question was recently released as an FS9 freeware model, then subsequently repackaged as an FSX-compatible portover, completely with some great cockpit, repaint, and .air additions here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...er-for-FSX-zip. A massive body of work to bring the F-8 to FSX.

I think Pam (Warchild's) FDE fixes are in another file - I can't remember where it was posted - but anyway, this is the benchmark from which Jafo is working.

dl

Sorry, DL...but the kids don't really have to eat...every now and then is enough...

I've fixed the center console and the sides...to look closer to the 8. Now need to find a good pic of the stick...

Don't forget that there's also the RFN version of this fine bird - and it's also FSX-compatible.

Any news on the TSR2 panel?

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outof_f8 copy.gif 
Views:	0 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	10759

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Don't forget that there's also the RFN version of this fine bird - and it's also FSX-compatible.

Any news on the TSR2 panel?

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outof_f8 copy.gif 
Views:	0 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	10759
    TSR2 is hangared until I can dig up some more detail info....

Meanwhile...the Crusader's coming along....but a few more things to do yet before the 2D is done....then to look at the VC...

Here's it at the mo...

Attachment 10760 low fuel light is on...spent too much time updating while airborne...

Awesome (again) stuff Jafo, the AS F-8 is my main test bed for navair stuff. Your screenies really transform and liven it up. A request, Don B. did a great job on the F-8 vc a while ago, and had the AP embedded in the VC, which was clickable and very convenient to have. Any chance of doing something like this (ie in addition to having an AP pop up)?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Oh, missed you had started on the Gunfighter as the thread still says "Voodoo! - your fast work leads to you moving on to one or two different aircraft all in the same thread!

upload image online
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Awesome (again) stuff Jafo, the AS F-8 is my main test bed for navair stuff. Your screenies really transform and liven it up. A request, Don B. did a great job on the F-8 vc a while ago, and had the AP embedded in the VC, which was clickable and very convenient to have. Any chance of doing something like this (ie in addition to having an AP pop up)?
    Expat....I have the AP popping up just under the radar panel [boxy thing]...so it's innocuous....and can be left open...sorta win-win...

I need to get these gauges under glass before they rust....and add an electrics popup of some sort...
    Here's where the AP is...

Attachment 10777
    ...note the fuel gauge...when things get 'complicated' you get conflicts...looks like the RMI is the culprit....off to fix...

Made an animated canopy release lever...though at the moment it ops the spoiler...got a popup for the radar config...and glass on the screen....and added an electrics popup. Now need to add some hud glass...and alter the saturation on a few bits...and get the canopy release to actually....release the canopy...

Attachment 10796

Edit ....that wasn't hard....

Attachment 10797

Members who have read this thread: 3