AS RF101C Voodoo panel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AS RF101C Voodoo panel

AS RF101C Voodoo panel

After the PhantomII and Demon panels for the old AS planes....I got into the CF101B, F101C, and ultimately the RF101C Voodoo panels for the AS vers.

Here's the results of the first 2...
    Before...
    Attachment 10196

...and after...in 1680x1050 res...
    Attachment 10197

The 'c'...before...
    Attachment 10198

...and after...again 1680x1050...
    Attachment 10199

Now, with the RF101C ....I'm stuck with a deficit of decent images [the others were a doddle due to good sources]

Driving me bonkers finding something even half-decent....best so far is...

Attachment 10200
    ...whose res is crap...and details fuzzy...even gauge type and style is iffy.

Any help out there would be appreciated....then I could upload them all, and yes, the VCs are changed to 'suit' ...

Thanks Jafo, brilliant work. The Voodoo has always been one of my favourites since I was boy in the '50's, and the AS pits were always a bit weak compared with more up-to-date offerings. Looking forward to these though!

Will have a look for some material on the RF when I can.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks, Dave....any help will be great...

Meanwhile, I managed to 'do my own' LABS gauge for the 101C .... not sure if it's really displaying what it is supposed to...but it does 'stuff' and looks the part....graphics are from a 100 photo so close enough to get away with....and it means I'm not using a gau.

Attachment 10221 ...now if I can just find a good pic of the Fuel gauge to know what it's actually doing I'll make one of those too. The one in the pic is a ring-in ...

Here's what it should be....Attachment 10222

Oh well....solved the fuel gauge issue with some 'extrapolation'....
    Made sense of the inner numbers...still no clue what the outer ones are...but coded it to suit the inners...

Attachment 10227

Now...
    ...back to that darn RF.....

Wonderful work Jafo! My CF-101 desperately needs your new pit. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Wonderful work Jafo! My CF-101 desperately needs your new pit. Bill
    +1 (Not Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Made sense of the inner numbers...still no clue what the outer ones are...but coded it to suit the inners...
    If there's a selector button: Button not pressed = internal tanks on inner scale, button pressed = droptanks on outer scale (or the other way around)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If there's a selector button: Button not pressed = internal tanks on inner scale, button pressed = droptanks on outer scale (or the other way around)?
    I was thinking that....except there's no button adjacent. I've a feeling it might be simply different units....gallons vs pounds....maybe.
    I think the inner reads to 14,600 lbs...

Edit....
    am going with the pic I have [unless something comes along that's better]...and will just try to clean it up as much as I can...here's the RF with eons yet to go...

Attachment 10253
    Last edited by Jafo; July 17th, 2014 at 18:16.

I'm slowly getting there....the hole is the f16 radar...it's a gau so needs to be loaded/approved...which isn't happening when I'm modding in-flight...would you believe screencap no. 187....? ....
    Anyway...only bit 'pinched' from the original AS 2D is the fire-warning panel [top-right] ...the rest is a rework from that ONE photo.
    What I need is details re the weapons panel bottom left...so that bit too can be made 'clearer'...and also whether the actual panel hood is quite so weird to the left and right sides...

Attachment 10272

About as far as I can go....pretty happy with most of it...pinched some bits from other 101 vers [and a bit from an F4]...
    If I find some more references I may be able to go further...
    Now for the VC....

Here's the 2D.

Attachment 10280

And how it used to be....

Attachment 10281

Side-step from the Voodoos.....

Early days...

Attachment 10336

Beautiful work Jafo, loved the F-4(s) pits. Any chance of you working your magic on the RF/F-8 Crusader by AS? Just a question....
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

Quote Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
    Beautiful work Jafo, loved the F-4(s) pits. Any chance of you working your magic on the RF/F-8 Crusader by AS? Just a question....
    F8's a possible....again the vintage I kinda like...
    Meanwhile....still 'resting' from the Voodoos....and getting into the TSR2.
    I need to dig up more info on specific gauges and ideally what button really does what. The original is now converting to 1680 wide...but the original gauges are a little too 2-dimensional...
    Attachment 10349

Haven't found much....really need a definitive listing of what's what....

Here's where it's at.... at least it has a legit stick .... whacked in the ARS4 radar....the popup control panel pops over the Annunciator....nice and big.

VC Hud bg is a 'mirror'...not transparent...seems reacting to a light fx.

Might just throw some gauge and glass reflections in and leave it 'til I can get more info...

Attachment 10374

TSR2 information here, but you've probably already got this.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    TSR2 information here, but you've probably already got this.

Dave
    Haven't got the CD, no. If I get eager I may have to though....and the book by Damien Burke. All I probably need is that panel drawing listing it all...

Jafo,

Would you ever consider upgrading a civil aircraft - though this one also has a military variant? It's the IRIS "Easter Eggs" Bombardier Sentinel/Global Express (native FSX) released last year. Only decent VC for it is from he default FSX CJ. I pimped it with some various gauges and some modded vc lighting but still I find the panel background bitmaps kind of dull (nowhere near as sharp as the ones for the default 737-800, by way of comparison). The warning lights and overhead in particular need sharpening up. Also be cool to working FMC's as the "rojas" 737 vc's do (check over at simviation).

expat

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hoto/vpcep.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psfaf377ef.jpg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

expat...hi...
    Gotta say 'eek' to glass cockpits. Invariably the xml is too long/complex to fathom. [for me].
    Normal steam gauges tend to be a product of their size [created size ] ....and thus clarity...or whether they may be muddied by alphas, shadows etc coded in. I haven't got my head around how some gauges have day and night graphics...and some don't ...and what that really means to their outcome....quality-wise...but I imagine some of it may be legacy work from older sims.

Each panel I mess with...I get more ideas [and clues]....and ...at my current rate of enlightenment I expect to be 'pretty good' at it around an hour or two AFTER I shuffle off this mortal coil....

Jafo,

Am really enjoying your very good - and fast - work on all the military panels and gauges. In the case of the GEX I have only an interest in doing something with the panel background bitmaps rather than the gauges. Being a useless twit at painting I can get as far as some crude GIMP functions but mostly MS Paint (LOL) and have had bad results trying to "repaint" a vc panel background bitmap in the past (very yucky .. ). Was wondering if you had any tips or techniques on how to sharpen up the resolution of the backgrounds the way others here have done in the past with different aircraft.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Is it possible to download the F-101 panel/s please?

Expat:
    Putting the Honeywell FMS gauges into the VC would require editing the model, which can't be done that easily.

You can, however, merge the exterior model with the Schwertfeger/Leaming rendition of the Global Express, which supports the FMS. It's gaugeset should even be quite a bit more comprehensive than the default CRJ's.
    globalexpressxrs_112109.zip (Avsim)

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Is it possible to download the F-101 panel/s please?
    It will be...
    I'm just in the throes of getting them all setup for upload....it'll be in 2 parts....as are the AS models....

First of 2 has been uploaded here....
    ...for the AS CF-101B...

Attachment 10404

Next will be the 2 panels for the 101C and RF101C [the other AS set]...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd....

Just uploaded the F101C and RF101C panel set here.

Appy Polly Logies for the bit-wonky RF ..... done from just one photo...so more arse than class...

Here's the 'C'

Attachment 10413

and here's the 'RF'

Attachment 10414

Had to 'cheat' on some details. If I ever find more references I'll revisit.

Next in the firing line may be the F8 .....while the TSR2 gets sat on and thunk about...

Members who have read this thread: 3