Iris Phantom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    I so badly want these for FS9.
    What he said!!!

Blog Entries

Dx10

Has anyone gotten this gem of a portover to work in FSX with DX10?

I would happily pick up a couple of Zsolt's paints and just simply continue flying this model.

Many thanks!

dl
    Last edited by delta_lima; July 18th, 2014 at 11:51. Reason: added DX10 reference

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Has anyone gotten this gem of a portover to work in FSX?

I would happily pick up a couple of Zsolt's paints and just simply continue flying this model.

Many thanks!

dl
    Compatible with FSX
    These images of FSX made

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Compatible with FSX
    These images of FSX made

Zsolt

Sorry - I should have made it clear (and have corrected my original query) - has anyone gotten it to work in FSX+DX10?

I have used it extensively pre- DX10, it's only now with DX10 that I have issues. I have Steve's fixer enabled, and all salient effects toggled. But the VC canopy is still solidly opaque from the inside.

Since the Phantom projects extant (Milviz and Jamal's) focus on B/E/J models, the Iris model is the only K/FG model we're likely to see for quite a long time. I know Flying Stations bought the model rights to a certain unfinished British mesh/model - but gauging from the development time on the two Bucc's, I'd be surprised to see it this side of 2016. Of course, that project would doubtlessly result in a lovely model - but to enjoy the impending John Young / ACG RAF Wattisham, as well as general RAF/RN FAA flying - that - a fix of the Iris model would be a timely - and enormously appreciated endeavour.

Thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    I so badly want this for FS9.
    Just went over to the IRIS Freeware download site and the caption for the FGR.2 Phantom still reads "Download Coming Soon". I reckon at some point IRIS may eventually release it to the FS Community... but it's been a while.

I had originally purchased this model from IRIS but lost it in a hard drive crash some years ago. I may have it on a CD somewhere tho.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Just went over to the IRIS Freeware download site and the caption for the FGR.2 Phantom still reads "Download Coming Soon". I reckon at some point IRIS may eventually release it to the FS Community... but it's been a while.

I had originally purchased this model from IRIS but lost it in a hard drive crash some years ago. I may have it on a CD somewhere tho.

BB686
    The download link on the Iris site has been that way for at least a couple of years - or so it seems.

Don't be too downhearted, though. There's always the Virtavia Pack 3 offering. If you use Jafo's panels and VC fixes it's not half bad.

Dave

I will do also paints (fictious) Thanks Zsolt
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Members who have read this thread: 5