announced that they have signed a global licensing deal, "granting them the
    rights to develop and publish all-new flight products based on Microsoft's
    genre-defining flight technology".

Read the full article here:
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4699/

We'd love to hear your comments so please post them at the bottom of the
    article. Don't forget to share it too!

David

David, I really hate to rain on anyone's parade, but...

...whatever Dovetail Games eventually releases, it will not be "FSX11." The general consensus at this time is that it will more closely resemble the very unlamented "Flight," including the DLC paradigm.

Long before that eventuality, DTG will be repackaging FSX+Acceleration as a digital download via Valve's "Steam" platform.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Charter Member 2015
    Good thing I have an umbrella handy!!!!!

David

Anyone else find everyone using FSX 11 amusing? (FS10 11)

-Damien

.....never gonna happen.....

Dave

Since the release date is in 2015, whatever "new" thing they have coming out will most likely be Flight, rebranded. There simply isn't time to do more than that.

Move along people, nothing to see here.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Not FSX 11 but Flight 1.0. The original Microsoft Flight was really nothing more than a beta release which Microsoft couldn't even successfully give away.
    Mike Mann

Wasn't this already posted? Anyhow, agreed, nothing really new here except perhaps a boost to FSX Gold sales which is not a bad thing. Also, any expectation of an upgrade from 32 to 64 bit(and alleviating the VAS limitations) isn't going to happen as it would render all of our addons essentially useless unless the design team somehow cleverly comes up with a way to migrate complex addons(which has been deemed impossible by some).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    P3D Lives

Indeed...

Over at Avsim they are at page 26 with over 600 posts in the last 4 days about the subject...

Remarkable...

Personally i'm very much looking forward to a new chance for Flight. Purely as a flightsim i thought it was superior to FSX..

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    P3D Lives
    Yes it exists !!

Its called P3D V2

Roland

Of course, Flight was FS11 for quite a while. FS11 was already in development when the clever so-and-sos from the MS marketing team rolled in and told the FS team that the future was free-to-play games and "Flight" would be much better appealing to the new wave of casual gamers.
    There is enough in the Flight engine that it could be assembled into a much more useful base for expansions than FSX or Flight.

Funny and very true, this is much ado about nothing really. Kinda reminded me of the Obi Wan quote from the Bar Scene. . . .(in my best Obi wan voice). . ."these aren't the droids you're looking for".

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    ... FS11 was already in development when the clever so-and-sos from the MS marketing team rolled in and told the FS team that the future was free-to-play games and "Flight" would be much better appealing to the new wave of casual gamers...
    I may be completely wrong here, but I understood when Flight was mooted the FS team weren't employed by MS. The ACES team working on FS11 had been 'let go' years before. But I may be wrong...

In any event there's pages of meaningless conjecture on this topic elsewhere: feel free to read it if you've nothing better to do.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well that was 3 minutes of useless reading. Where can I find more? Wait, oh ya over at AVSIM.
    Respectfully,

Jet

Windows 7 Home Premium, Gigabyte 880GM, AMD Phenom Black OC 4.0, 1SSD, Geforce GTS 450. (Nothing to write home about)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Indeed...

Over at Avsim they are at page 26 with over 600 posts in the last 4 days about the subject...

Remarkable...
    Argh! As a "Global Moderator" I have to actually read that dreck. It's becoming a real chore.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by jetblst View Post
    Well that was 3 minutes of useless reading. Where can I find more? Wait, oh ya over at AVSIM.
    I'd rather spend my time flying than going through 600+ more posts of "useless reading".
    i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz/4.3Ghz cache | 2x4GB Samsung green @ 2133 9-10-10-24 T1 1.55v | Asus Z87-Pro | MSI gtx 780 TF gaming OC
    Corsair TX-750 | Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E |
    SSD: Sandisk 480GB (system), Samsung 250GB (FSX) | HD: 1T, 1T, 2T
    Asus 24" 2ms HD monitor | Saitek X52 Pro and petals | TrackIR 4

FSX: DX10 Fixer | REX 4
    | ASN | UTX USA/EUR/AK | GEX NA/EUR | FSGenesis mesh | FTX PNW/NorCal/NZSI | SceneryTech LC USA/EUR/Asia | Accufeel
    CFS: Rise of Flight | IL-2 HSFX

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Argh! As a "Global Moderator" I have to actually read that dreck. It's becoming a real chore.
    I love that word 'drek' !! so descriptive!!

I may be completely wrong here, but I understood when Flight was mooted the FS team weren't employed by MS. The ACES team working on FS11 had been 'let go' years before. But I may be wrong...
    They were all still around. Closing the Aces studio just meant that the people on the team were deployed to other areas of the business. Many of the familiar names were involved in the development of FS11/Flight

Members who have read this thread: 4