Classic ship collection for FSX/P3D
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic ship collection for FSX/P3D

Classic ship collection for FSX/P3D

Hi
    As an extension of my Global AI Shipping project a new project is emerging - a collection of classic ships for FSX and P3D including AI traffic. The first ship from the collection can be found here:

https://flightsimnorway.com/addons/d...&pack=aishipsn

It is the Norwegian passenger ferry Nordstjernen from 1956, which is still going strong allong the Norwegian coast. The download includes two versions plus 4 AI routes along the Norwegian coast. The routes are made so the fit with the routes in "130 AI ships and AI Ship Traffic" which you can find on www.avsim.com, www.simviation.com and www.flightsim.com. A third version in the original colors and with the crane and antenas like in 1956 will be included when the classic pack is released.

More ships are on their way:

SS Empress of Ireland (1906) made by Jean-Pierre Fillion

MS Korsholm (1949)

Great work,Henrik.
    i`m a big fan of your ship traffic.
    Thank you very much.
    Mike

WOW! Awesome modeling and texturing there Sir.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

wow..thats awesome....i dont know much about ships..but i love to look at them...the USS Jerimia O'brien would be a cool one for this package,its an original world war two liberty ship,based now in san fransico bay.

Icon23

Wow, they sure look nice. Very good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    wow..thats awesome....i dont know much about ships..but i love to look at them...the USS Jerimia O'brien would be a cool one for this package,its an original world war two liberty ship,based now in san fransico bay.
    There will without doubt be more than one liberty ship in the collection - both in a WWII version and post war versions. However, so far I have not found good detailed drawings, so if somebody could point me to a link it would be great

Just another screenshot - this one from P3D and made by Ole Almenningen - for more screenshots and the most fantastic illustrated guide to simulation freeware and payware for Norway visit www.flightsimnorway.com

Henrik, that last screenshot is a worthy representation of just how awesome your ships and "flight plans" (lol) for FS are.

I got every bit of them installed, and love them. Thanks a lot from a local fanboi.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Great job Henrik!!!!!!

I saw this a little while back, the ai ships and routs package and new I needed this in my fsx. Time however had not allowed me with real world responsibilities and lack of play time. So I made a note in my calender book, front page in fact so I would not forget about this awesome piece of work. Today time slowed down so i started dowloading the different regions. So far so good, I have been able to chaise a few of these ships down with a chopper and just hover around them. simply amazing to say the least. So you have earned yourself another fan. In the past I did try my hand at adding routs for some of the ships in the Puget sound, I grounded a couple and also got one to sail without any issues and I know it's a lot of hard work.

Thanks again for all you have done

Jim

They are brilliant, one thing that really comes to adding ships give that extra special feature with quality like that

Blog Entries

Dream come true

Thanks Henrik - speechless with awe.

DL

Brilliant work Henrik! Looking forward to the new pack. Your shipping traffic makes a huge difference to the simming experience as well as setting the bar higher with each new release.

Thanks for all the nice and motivating comments - today work will start on a couple of liberty ships... and Jean-Pierre announced he will start on the steamer Storstad. So soon there should be potential for a WWII convoy.

The first model of a Liberty ship is taking shape - I plan a couple of WWII and a number of civil repaints. This model is based on the Jeremiah O'Brien and there will also be one based on the other still sailing Liberty ship John W Brown.

The collection is increasing - the two still exisiting sea worthy Liberty ships Jerimiah O'Brien and John W Brown are now ready to be launched in FSX and P3D

Adding to the Navy versions comes so far 3 civil models - each slightly different - repaints are from left to right Brazilian Caicara, the Liberian Aethalia and the Danish St. Croix.

A long time has passed since last update - hopefully I am closer to the next release but time is scarce at the moment. Anyway there are several new ships on the way - both classic and modern:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14110208100716112912668116.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	14331

Above the classic cruise ship Funchal from 1960 and below Skogøy - a small Norwegian passenger ship. The Funchal will be released in the next big update - the Skogøy can already be found here:

http://www.flightsimnorway.com/downl...nger_Ferry.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14100305321516112912577689.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	14333

These are excellent I'm ex-Royal Navy and if it weren't for AI ships of this quality.. I think I'd have stayed with FS9

Re the Liberty Ships.. will you be doing any of the European/Canadian versions (eg.. the 'Forts' and 'Parks')? My dad was on Fort Columbia when WWII ended and it would be great to have something representative of the class in FSX

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    These are excellent I'm ex-Royal Navy and if it weren't for AI ships of this quality.. I think I'd have stayed with FS9

Re the Liberty Ships.. will you be doing any of the European/Canadian versions (eg.. the 'Forts' and 'Parks')? My dad was on Fort Columbia when WWII ended and it would be great to have something representative of the class in FSX

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks a lot. I just found your image of Fort Columbia on cbfsim - do you know of any drawings of that ship type? That would be necessary in order to progress - and still it will only be after finishing the routes. I want to get some of the many models of my computer now - it has been a loooong birth for this last update.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Thanks a lot. I just found your image of Fort Columbia on cbfsim - do you know of any drawings of that ship type? That would be necessary in order to progress - and still it will only be after finishing the routes. I want to get some of the many models of my computer now - it has been a loooong birth for this last update.
    Hi Henrik

I'm afraid not but I'll certainly keep my eye out. Phots of the 'Forts' are surprisingly few and far between. I had to buy that one from the National Maritime Museum!! In the meantime.. I'd be happy with the US Liberty model I'd also like to echo the sentiments already made in this thread and thank you for bringing what is the largest area in FSX (the sea) alive

ATB
    DaveB

Beautiful work!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Thank you very much for bringing these classic ships to FSX. The Empress of Ireland looks beautiful! The real Empress had a very sad ending.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Awesome Henrik - can't wait.

dl

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Finally I managed also to get P3D installed and I was instantly impressed by the shadows - and of course the P3D waves adds to the fun of making ships even if the wakes are not optimal in P3D.

Not really a classic ship, and maybe the Captain should have stayed in Harbour, but the wave effect in P3D works

Happy New year to all on Sim-Outhouse! As a small New Years present several of the classic ships including the above shown Funchal but also the liberty ships Jerimiah O'Brien and John W Brown have today been released as part of the package 179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic available already on www.simviation.com and hopefully soon also on www.avsim.com and www.flightsim.com. However, the classic ship project will continue indepently and there are quite a few ships ready for an upcoming release.

A happy New Year! Great looking models!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 5