Flanker Fun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flanker Fun

Icon25 Flanker Fun

Any good references for the Bear Studios Flankers??

I've got all 3 packages and am struggling to be consistent with the radar and weapons systems. The manuals are okay, but challenging to figure out the switchology. Not sure I'm ready to print out 90+ pages for each of the 5 pdf files.

I would think by now someone has a website somewhere that has a little more information or guidelines on these BS packages. Just thought I'd ask and see what pops up.

Thanks
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I have their Su-30 and the J-15. Basically I like them even though I was a bit dissappointed with the virtual cockpit textures. I didn't read the manual yet, just playing around with the switches (when the English cockpit is available).
    One thing I would like to know is how to disabled the flight control system to try to perform some Cobra manoevers. There's a swich right in front of the throttle, but it has no effect...

Do You have Flaming Cliffs 3? Here is a big book (part) about Su-27.

Last edited by YoYo; July 12th, 2014 at 14:26.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yup, if you like Flankers and Mig 29s Flamings Cliffs 3 and DCS are light years beyond any other in quality and function.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

So. Other than Daube, nobody else is flying the BS Flankers??
    -- WH

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I have all three packs too, and even though they are not completely flawless, I enjoy them nevertheless.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have all the Bear Studios Flankers and love them too. I am working on a series of detailed checklists for the SU-33. Currently have the Cockpit Safety, Engine Start, After Start, and Shutdown checks done. Here is a link to the unfinished list (plus some others I've developed).

http://1drv.ms/1muo4De

Use what you want.

What I'm looking for is a clear set of steps for A2A mode.

I can activate the radar and lock onto a target. I can go into combat mode and arm my A2A missiles. Sometimes the missile locks onto the target, sometimes not. In the later case I end up flinging through the sky pushing buttons and pulling switches to get things working.

There are so many switches to activate, and some are non-op, that I haven't got the proper steps down to arm, seek, lock and fire. I just don't have a clear picture in my mind as to what the steps are.

There is something, somewhere I'm not doing right or consistently. Once I get this down, then I can move on to the air-to-ground ordinance.
    -- WH

I'm also compiling "Quick Steps" for doing things like changing the squawk codes, tuning radios, etc. Turns out there are at least 2 and sometimes up to 4 ways to do these tasks. Will trade you these notes for the weps notes if you want to.

I have too Strike Flanker. Not top model - not top FM, not high quality repaints and no collimated HUD but quite nice and best Flanker till now for FS. He thinks too about TacPack.

Last edited by YoYo; July 13th, 2014 at 05:39.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have BS Flanker collection also I made some paints

However i am very disappointed with those planes, I cant use autopilot is too complicated, I cant use GPS is too complicated, also I dont like the FLY-by-Wire and I can't shut it without have horrible uncontrollable driving
    Also the exterior model dont have Bump-maps, this is very strange in FSX! This decreases the quality of the textures too much

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	276613638009607053.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	10124 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...anker-Pack-zip

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I have their Su-30 and the J-15. Basically I like them even though I was a bit dissappointed with the virtual cockpit textures. I didn't read the manual yet, just playing around with the switches (when the English cockpit is available).
    One thing I would like to know is how to disabled the flight control system to try to perform some Cobra manoevers. There's a swich right in front of the throttle, but it has no effect...
    I had the Strike Flanker, but returned it through Flight1. Exotic maneuvers were easy (IIRC, there were two switches near the throttle that needed to be off), but radar, radios, and especially the autopilot I never could figure out. Heaven knows I put in the hours....

Windows movie:SU31.wmv

I put in a couple hours of flying the J-15/Su-33 last night and made some progress. I was able to get a radar lock and realized I wasn't selecting the right weapon. However, I still was unable to fire my A2A missiles. I'm still trying to figure out the readout on weapon selection - the SMS page doesn't seem to tell me anything other than the weapons are armed.

I had better success with the J-11/Su-27 and Su-30 planes than I'm having with the J-15/Su-33 aircraft. I also get a CTD when exiting FSX after a flight, so I might do a reinstall.

I'm gradually adding repaints as I find them - thank you, Hani and Zsolt (and others). It's a little confusing as some of the repaints were released before the products were updated.

One modification I made was to duplicate the Su-27 folder (now called Su-27 Clean) and modify the aircraft.cfg so I have a clean loadout on certain textures like the Russian Knights.
    -- WH

Anybody notice that the contact points for the J-15/Su-33 are a little off for the main landing great?? The main landing wheels are not touching the tarmac on my install.
    -- WH

V1.3 for the J-11 Flanker now avialable at SimMarket:

BEAR STUDIOS - FLANKER B+

Highlights on J-11 Flanker Ver1.3

*New models, animations, textures and effects, make aircraft have full compatibility both on FSX and P3D V2.2
    *New gauges system optimize performance on low-end hard wares.
    *New Flight Model and cockpit layout, chase on real aircraft development process.
    *Add Su-27SK/UBK aircraft models, Russian cockpit gauges, and voice alert system.
    The J-11 Flanker V1.3 will be the last version carries simulated weapon and sensor system. The next step will support real weapon and sensor features on FSX and P3D.
    We will make it out, under your support.

The new features list:

J-11 Flanker V1.3
    1, Change new cockpit panel layout from resource based on China CCTV official J-11B aircraft reports recently.
    2, Add Su-27SK/UBK new upgraded models for aircraft and VC. Su-27 models have Russian weapons, typical skin textures, Russian gauges and MFI-54 MFD which replaced the CRT radar display.
    3, Modify flight model, reduce max military thrust setting, change flight control system auto trim scale, and improve low speed stability during take off a landing approach.
    4, Change night texture and gauge back light in VC.
    5, Fix the gauge and logic system loading problem in low end hardware platform.
    6, Add control logic to hide all pylons & weapon shapes, so users can fly clean models by change values in payload station setting.
    7, Modify carrier model platform surface setting, which get trapped landing easier than old model.
    8, Add adjust-able self emissive effects for HUD. The emissive level can be adjusted by brightness knob on UFC.
    9, This V1.3 Updated version compatible with FSX and P3D V2.2. We also apply typical models for FS2004 under SDK limits.

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
    existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

*New models, animations, textures and effects, make aircraft have full compatibility both on FSX and P3D V2.2
    *New Flight Model and cockpit layout, chase on real aircraft development process.
    *Add Su-27SK/UBK aircraft models, Russian cockpit gauges, and voice alert system.
    The J-11 Flanker V1.3 will be the last version carries simulated weapon and sensor system. The next step will support real weapon and sensor features on FSX and P3D.

The new features list:

J-11 Flanker V1.3
    1, Change new cockpit panel layout from resource based on China CCTV official J-11B aircraft reports recently.
    2, Add Su-27SK/UBK new upgraded models for aircraft and VC. Su-27 models have Russian weapons, typical skin textures, Russian gauges and MFI-54 MFD which replaced the CRT radar display.
    3, Modify flight model, reduce max military thrust setting, change flight control system auto trim scale, and improve low speed stability during take off a landing approach.
    6, Add control logic to hide all pylons & weapon shapes, so users can fly clean models by change values in payload station setting.
    7, Modify carrier model platform surface setting, which get trapped landing easier than old model.
    8, Add adjust-able self emissive effects for HUD. The emissive level can be adjusted by brightness knob on UFC.
    9, This V1.3 Updated version compatible with FSX and P3D V2.2. We also apply typical models for FS2004 under SDK limits.

I am confusing! j-15/su-33 is naval not j-11/su-27, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    No, this is the J-11/Su-27; Simmarket: http://secure.simmarket.com/bear-stu...lanker-b.phtml and Just Flight: http://www.justflight.com/product/be...s-j11b-flanker

This is the J-15/Su-33 (Only sold at the Just Flight site): http://www.justflight.com/product/be...-naval-flanker

And Flight1 sells the Su-30MK:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=su30mk

No, this is the J-11/Su-27; Simmarket: http://secure.simmarket.com/bear-stu...lanker-b.phtml and Just Flight: http://www.justflight.com/product/be...s-j11b-flanker

This is the J-15/Su-33 (Only sold at the Just Flight site): http://www.justflight.com/product/be...-naval-flanker

And Flight1 sells the Su-30MK:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=su30mk
    Actually, you can get all 3 at Justflight. Just search for 'Bear Studios."
    -- WH

I meant this one

The new features list:

J-11 Flanker V1.3

but come with some interesting paints:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-7-14_3-39-9-696.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	10170

I'm surprised there is no information on the release of V.3 J-11/Su-27 on their support forum or FB page. In fact there haven't been any recent posts in months.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Actually, you can get all 3 at Justflight. Just search for 'Bear Studios."
    When I bought the Su-33 and the Su-30, I also wanted to buy te Su-27 but the webstore kept telling me that it was not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    When I bought the Su-33 and the Su-30, I also wanted to buy te Su-27 but the webstore kept telling me that it was not available.
    Ah. You're right. Forgot I got mine at FSPilotShop after getting the same message at JustFlight. Weird that they would list it, but not make it available for sale. I've noticed with other BS products that not a single reseller has them all - you have to do a search to find who sells what.
    -- WH

The new features list:

J-11 Flanker V1.3

Thanks for the heads-up...! Strange about no updates on the Bear Studios Facebook pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Yes, you are right. We J-11/Su-27 is a land based Aircraft so it makes no sense that the features list for the J-11 includes "7, Modify carrier model platform surface setting, which get trapped landing easier than old model."

That's strange.
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

Hi mates! Does someone know if Bear Studios are still alive? Are they still active in FS addons developing?
    I'd need some support about their complicated Flanker PDF manuals but it seems that they are dead...
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 5