Goodyear FG-1D Corsair Repaint Updates.zip

Thread: Goodyear FG-1D Corsair Repaint Updates.zip

Goodyear FG-1D Corsair Repaint Updates.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Skins

Description: This is a set of updates only, for my repaints jt_cors_n209tw.zip and jt_cors_n72nw.zip for the Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair. Numerous small items are improved and corrected for more accuracy and better visuals, and some further details are added. A full list of updates is included. The original repaints are required to be installed first.

N209TW Updates

- Corrected the colors/tones of the inner cowl flaps, oil cooler flaps, oil cooler intakes/fins, landing gear doors, main gear wells, and tail hook.

- Corrected paint work on the fuselage around the rear wing joint/flap position.

- Corrected the color of the edges of the gun sight mount in the VC.

- Darkening/adjustment of the various interior crevices around the exterior of the aircraft, as well as the addition of a few more stencils.

- There is no longer a hard edge on the main landing gear doors from shading/dirt - now properly blended for an even appearance.

N72NW Updates

- Decreased the saturation of the blues and the harshness/darkness of the panel lines.

- Darkened the main landing gear legs and wheels to bring it closer to the appearance of silver paint (matching it to the same as on N209TW textures).

- Corrected the color of the edges of the gun sight mount in the VC.

- Darkening/adjustment of the various interior crevices around the exterior of the aircraft.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Goodyear FG-1D Corsair Repaint Updates.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Here are some more screenshots which illustrate the updates.

Note the corrected paint inside the main wheel wells and inner landing gear doors, and the revised interior confines of the coolant doors and inner cowl and coolant flaps (all for a more accurate/realistic look).

All of the fins within the oil cooler intakes on the leading edges of the wings are now properly painted white and the landing gear doors no longer have a hard edge from shading/dirt as before (the detail is still there, but now properly blended).

Not as much updates to N72NW, but all of the same things that applied to it as well have been corrected, and I also dialed back the panel lines, took some of the saturation out of the blues, and darkened the non-slip tape on the wings a bit.

Thanks John these are really superb paints.... I particularly like the 3 tone one. That paint scheme really suits the Corsair. There was one flying over here some years back (not sure of current status) painted as "BigHog" and I always thought that really looked the business. Thanks again... I can appreciate the hours that go into these repaints.

Matt

Thank you Matt! The Corsair you mention is the former N55JP/G-BXUL, which is now ZK-COR flying in New Zealand, which has had a few different paint schemes since the time it was painted as "Big Hog" in the early-mid 90's. It was, for the longest time, the only RNZAF Corsair still flying, but as of this year it can no longer hold that claim, as Barry Avent's former RNZAF Corsair is now flying as well (based in South Carolina - currently no markings yet, just overall glossy sea blue).

Here's a photo of N55JP/G-BXUL/ZK-COR in the 90's, flying with The Fighter Collection's Corsair (see in an earlier scheme as well).

Of its different paint schemes over the last couple of decades, I really liked it the most when it looked like this for a short time:

Hi John

yeh that's the one I remember...Big Hog...don't suppose you fancy doing that one if you get time?

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 2