JF Chipmunk Update Available
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: JF Chipmunk Update Available

JF Chipmunk Update Available

For those who own the JF Chipmunk, an SP has been released. Many thanks to the Just Flight team!

Dear Sir/Madam, We thought we'd let you know that we have just uploaded new software for the DHC-1 Chipmunk and also the DHC-1B-2 Bubble Canopy package. The new software fixes all reported issues where possible, and a new Download is now available for each aircraft.

If you log in to your Just Flight account and click on 'Your Orders' you will be able to download the new software for each aircraft - please update the DHC-1 Chipmunk BEFORE the DHC-1B-2 Bubble Canopy variant. Best wishes,
    The Just Flight crew
    -Mark

Excellent! Thanks for the hu.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Is this a complete reinstall? Do we delete the old one first?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Is this a complete reinstall? Do we delete the old one first?
    Yes its a new version of the product due to the numerous improvements/fixes. Uninstall the existing version and then install the new version after downloading it from your account.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

This gem has become even more brilliant!

Well done and thank you JF!!!

Dumonceau

Early days for me as have been out aviating today (weather was too nice to stay indoors and do housework!)....but nice to see that the engine cowling has been refined and that the tailwheel moved to its correct position. Flown one of the British civilian examples (with now the underwing registration) and an RAF machine. Take off has improved a lot, bit still finding brakes a little fierce. Entry speeds for loops and rolls, were just under that quoted in the notes and from what I can remember (but still ok), but found initially and it may be due to my home setup, that cruise and landing speeds were high - any excuse to buy a new stick or to give up completely! Would have liked it to roll on a little upon touchdown, but hey these are just my own personal thoughts.

I appauld Just Flight for listening to us with our comments and suggestions and making the necessary changes where possible and applicable. There can't be many people out there that follow these leads.

Going back for more tomorrow,

Happy Landings,

Martin

She's a real lovely

Question... is the mixture lever suppose to be set to the back position... I thought it it was forward position

That is correct, we had it going the wrong way. In fact some machines had a small lug on the throttle to catch the mixture lever and carry it back so that for novice pilots mixture was always returned to full for landing.

Got it now. Thanks to Bazzar, Martyn and all at JF Towers. Making all those changes must be a lot harder than just saying "If you're not happy we'll give you a refund", but it's a lot better.

An absolute gem - be interesting to see what the repainters may come up with now things are sorted.....

London School Of Flying, Elstree mid-60s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12884980.jpg  

Ooh that's very nice Peter!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post

Hi Peter

Still very much enjoying your Meteors for the Royal Danish Air Force. Lovely paints, bringing back lots of memories.

Should you once again feel tempted to revive the former glory of the Danish Airforce, I may in all modesty suggest the following

http://flickriver.com/photos/alfblum...7604422804104/

With the very best regards

Soeren
    Last edited by Jen; July 3rd, 2014 at 13:55. Reason: better link

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    That is correct, we had it going the wrong way. In fact some machines had a small lug on the throttle to catch the mixture lever and carry it back so that for novice pilots mixture was always returned to full for landing.
    Thank you bazzar...
    Like how JF handled... the in depth review of first release
    JF's update is very much appreciated

now to put some hours on the udated "Chippie"

PS nice paint Peter... the first repaint for the old/new, girl

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Stunning, Peter.....

Peter has started... good times are ahead!

Charter Member 2012
    Wip

G-HDAE a T20 previously CS-DAE and before that 1304 of the Portuguese Airforce). Built in 1951.

Now based out of Enstone

Peter: where are you uploading your repaints, please?

Hi Guys. Thanks for the encouraging comments.
    Yes, Soeren I will attempt a Danish Air Force paint when I move on to military examples.
    I have just uploaded a London School of Flying multipack of four aircraft to FlightSim.com so could well be available tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    Wip

G-HDAE a T20 previously CS-DAE and before that 1304 of the Portuguese Airforce). Built in 1951.

Now based out of Enstone

very nice!

Charter Member 2012
    I have sent the file to the library, there will be an update to follow, I just realized that there are no walkways on the wings.

Once In A While A Little Gem Appears

Hi,
    I wasn't sure what to make of the JF Chippy when it first appeared on/in the forum with all the feed back that was being given, however when I started reading the various reports on what the new update did my CC got the better of me and went and got it, and hey as my post says "Once in a while a little gem appears" and I will be honest now this is a little gem. The detail is well can I say OTT. The attention to detail is awesome. I think this is a must little Aircraft to have in your hanger. I just recently got the new ORBX North California scenery along with the Monterey Regional Airport and what a joy it is to take to the skies and taken in the Scenery. Just Flight I thank you for one great little Aircraft. Timm

Last edited by Alpha Two Zero; July 5th, 2014 at 03:16.

Hmm, this installator looks too same like the old one, manual too same.

How to check than I have the new one?

In aircraft.cfg I have in the beginning this "//240614".
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hmm, this installator looks too same like the old one, manual too same.

How to check than I have the new one?

In aircraft.cfg I have in the beginning this "//240614".

I haven't installed the updated packages yet, but the files I downloaded on the 2nd of July are 281 MB (Main Pack) & 103 MB (Canadian version).

The originals are 286 MB & 109 MB.

Nice repaints btw!

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 6